Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Lamb's Yacht Center?

I'm looking for feedback from anyone who has had work done at Lamb's in Jacksonville since ownership changed this past year. I have used Lamb's almost exclusively for major work in the past when Downing Nightengale owned it and was always pleased with their work. However, when I called them a few weeks ago I learned that some of the people who had worked on BUFFALO GAL are no longer there.

I'm planning to have some fiberglass and paint work done this spring. Rob and his crew have done thiswork for me in the past. I found them to be great at paint blending in particular. I understand Rob is not working there now, and the work is being done by Marcus. I don't know him, so would appreciate it if anyone here has experience with his work or any experience with the new owners of Lamb's.

Thanks much.
    Bill Root, USCG 100 Ton Master, Near Coastal
    MV BUFFALO GAL
    1988 54' MY

Re: Lamb's Yacht Center?

Here is the story on the change:

http://www.bizjournals.com/jacksonvi...lys-hands.html

And another one:

http://www.tradeonlytoday.com/featur...-reclaims-dna/

I haven't talked to anyone lately on their work, but the yard seems very busy.
    Last edited by Artzco; 12-28-2015 at 11:10 AM.
    Art

I know John Williams and I can tell you he is a stand up guy and honest business man. I've never had the pleasure of having Lamb's work on my boat however if John is involved I'm sure the quality is first rate.

Thanks for the articles and insights to the Williams family. I will very likely go back there and give thenew owners a try. Hopefully someone will hop on who has had some work done there recently.
    MV BUFFALO GAL
    1988 54' MY

I had a friend from Pensacola Fl. take his boat this year to Huckins to have it painted I drove over with him to check on it while the work was being done they done a good job they according to him was on time and on budget and he was pleased it was a 900 mile trip there and it worked out well for him.
    Bob

Thanks, Bob. I've been to Huckins and agree they do first class work.
    MV BUFFALO GAL
    1988 54' MY