Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Looking for a tender/RIB/dinghy w console

Looking for an inflatable RIB with a console and motor (must be 4 stroke) and in good condition.
    11' or 12' preferred. PM me and send pics please!!
    "Mad Hatteras"
    1984 53ED

Re: Looking for a tender/RIB/dinghy w console

Quote Originally Posted by madhat53 View Post
    Looking for an inflatable RIB with a console and motor (must be 4 stroke) and in good condition.
    I just traded in a 12' AB nautilus with a 40hp 4 stroke Yamaha to 84 Boatworks in ft Lauderdale. Both boat and motor are 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by motoryacht lover View Post
    I just traded in a 12' AB nautilus with a 40hp 4 stroke Yamaha to 84 Boatworks in ft Lauderdale. Both boat and motor are 2005.
    Thanks for the update! Did you get a new one from them?
    "Mad Hatteras"
    1984 53ED

Yes I did. Another AB

You probably already know about it but in case not, St. Croix makes an interesting alternative to a center console you can add to a standard RIB. Lots of used RIB's out there cheap that have no center console...but add the St. Croix and you have most of the advantages of a CC version. Might even be more comfortable in fact to be able to place your knees underneath the steering helm. Price is $1500 to $1800 as I recall depending on the "show special" aspect or not.

http://www.davit.com/euroHelmSeat.html

Quote Originally Posted by Milacron View Post
    You probably already know about it but in case not, St. Croix makes an interesting alternative to a center console you can add to a standard RIB. Lots of used RIB's out there cheap that have no center console...but add the St. Croix and you have most of the advantages of a CC version. Might even be more comfortable in fact to be able to place your knees underneath the steering helm. Price is $1500 to $1800 as I recall depending on the "show special" aspect or not.

http://www.davit.com/euroHelmSeat.html

I saw this a couple of years ago at the Baltimore Boat Show, I believe, and could not remember the name of it! Thank you for sending that link1 I appreciate that!
    "Mad Hatteras"
    1984 53ED

I saw this a couple of years ago at the Baltimore Boat Show, I believe, and could not remember the name of it! Thank you for sending that link1 I appreciate that!
    One caviat is I asked them a few weeks ago when they could ship and was told 2 months !! So I have this vision of them getting a container of them from China in two months, but was told, no they are made right here in the USA...they are just "behind" in getting them out the door.

I am then temped to tell them via the law of supply and demand they must not be charging enough but I'll keep that to myself for now since I might want to buy one soon !

Quote Originally Posted by Milacron View Post
    One caviat is I asked them a few weeks ago when they could ship and was told 2 months !! So I have this vision of them getting a container of them from China in two months, but was told, no they are made right here in the USA...they are just "behind" in getting them out the door.

I am then temped to tell them via the law of supply and demand they must not be charging enough but I'll keep that to myself for now since I might want to buy one soon !
    Probably best not to tip your hat before you purchase one!
    "Mad Hatteras"
    1984 53ED