Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Transom shots!

Transom shots!

It's been a few years since I started a thread to see the transoms of members beautiful boats:
    http://www.samsmarine.com/forums/sho...=transom+shots

I would like to suggest an updated thread; please post pictures of your boats, and I will start it off myself.

(For those who don't know, reposado means "rested" or "repose", and is the term for 2-12 month aged tequila--because my boat was in Mexico and I *like* tequila). Sorry for the tilt: both the name and the boat are level--only me is listing.

I would appreciate any background about your chosen names as well.

Let the fun begin!

DAN

IMG_1453.jpg

Re: Transom shots!

Thanks for the translation. I was guessing "repossessed" and wondering if that meant by the bank or by the devil.

I'm having "Ambrosia Mae" re-done this week. I'll post a shot afterwards.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Hi All,

It's amazing that out of the hundreds and hundreds of pictures of the boat, I could only find 2 of the transom.

The one on the trailer is my all time favorite stern shot and the one with the flag is when she arrived in Fairhaven from Fl in 2008.

Glittering Image was the name of a yacht in a novel I read about the 1920's.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by lumina; 04-08-2015 at 10:56 AM.
    Gene
    Former Owner 1974 Hatteras Yachtfish
    Glittering Image

Hull # 50
    Total Production 1972-1975 Sixty Four

After searching my photos I just realized I don't have any transom shots! This is the closest I have.

Superior Nights, because we love Lake Superior and seem to always end up there during the season
    Attached Images

The Vineyard Girls in Newport Harbor last September. Beautiful 80 degree day. The shot was taken around dusk. We named her after my wife and two daughters love of Marthas Vineyard. We've been going there for a couple of weeks every summer for more than 20 years.
    Attached Images

My 41 TC and the 48 MY "Pyewacket" owned by HOF member rblase.
    Attached Images
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

End Of the Line II has a story it didn't start as a name that Involved fishing REELly .

The first one was a project boat a 23' that was next to another boat that burned to the water line and set it on fire. It was a major rebuild and turned out to be just a warm up for #II.

So when I was trying to convince the wife about buying #1 she started saying o.k but thats it this is the end of the line No more projects and buying things It wasn't the first or second time since I have been doing stuff like that since I was a kid and seems like I still am? So she said it about 3 times in a few minutes and I said hey I have a great name for it and I will just add a fishing rod to it which I did.

When It was time for the Hatt just a few years later it was a Lot easier since it was the boat she wanted as long as I put a separate shower stall in it for her which I did.
    The things we do for the Admiral's
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

New aft head.JPG

Might be from the wrong angle but Its the best I have
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

New aft head too.JPG

Found another
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Crocks with socks???????