Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

cost per foot to compound and wax

Boat is in Ft Lauderdale and the yard wants 4000 to compound and wax a 54 footer (MY). I try to stay on mine and it is waxed back in the fall. This seems high. Is Ft. Lauderdale typically more expensive? I will go home and comb thru past invoices and see what I have been paying but wanted to get the forums thoughts on what is the going rate per foot to compound and wax. Also if anyone knows of a good wax person in Ft Lauderdale I would appreciate thier name and number. Thanks for your time.

Re: cost per foot to compound and wax

Wash, 2 stage compound-polish, and wax 52C in San Diego in the slip was $1300.

Same job quoted in San Francisco on the hard was $1400 without supplies, environmental, scaffolding, and haul out.

FYI.

DAN

I know MY's typically are more per foot than a Convertible, but $74 a foot seems very high. Our friend that takes care of boat washes and waxes ours so I havn't paid a flat rate in awhile but either way that's way high. If that's the new going rate I may start waxing boats again. If you did one a week that's $200K a year gig. Not bad for boat waxing. Imagine if you could do two a week. As Louie Anderson said in "Coming to America", from grill to one day Assistant Manager, Then tha's when the big bucks start rolling in."

I'm thinking $25 to $35 a foot would be more like it but I may be wrong. Call around, there's no shortage of available Boat Waxers in Fort Lauderdale.

Tony

I use Vernon Joseph 954-303-1617. I've always been pleased with his work.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

There's Jim Rowley here at Murelles in Lantana. Maybe around $3,000 depending on the condition of your paint. 561-313-5710. He's very fair and does excellent work.

About $1800 up here for a 53MY. I would expect double in FTL.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI