Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

cost per foot to compound and wax

Boat is in Ft Lauderdale and the yard wants 4000 to compound and wax a 54 footer (MY). I try to stay on mine and it is waxed back in the fall. This seems high. Is Ft. Lauderdale typically more expensive? I will go home and comb thru past invoices and see what I have been paying but wanted to get the forums thoughts on what is the going rate per foot to compound and wax. Also if anyone knows of a good wax person in Ft Lauderdale I would appreciate thier name and number. Thanks for your time.

Re: cost per foot to compound and wax

Wash, 2 stage compound-polish, and wax 52C in San Diego in the slip was $1300.

Same job quoted in San Francisco on the hard was $1400 without supplies, environmental, scaffolding, and haul out.

FYI.

DAN

I know MY's typically are more per foot than a Convertible, but $74 a foot seems very high. Our friend that takes care of boat washes and waxes ours so I havn't paid a flat rate in awhile but either way that's way high. If that's the new going rate I may start waxing boats again. If you did one a week that's $200K a year gig. Not bad for boat waxing. Imagine if you could do two a week. As Louie Anderson said in "Coming to America", from grill to one day Assistant Manager, Then tha's when the big bucks start rolling in."

I'm thinking $25 to $35 a foot would be more like it but I may be wrong. Call around, there's no shortage of available Boat Waxers in Fort Lauderdale.

Tony

I use Vernon Joseph 954-303-1617. I've always been pleased with his work.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

There's Jim Rowley here at Murelles in Lantana. Maybe around $3,000 depending on the condition of your paint. 561-313-5710. He's very fair and does excellent work.

About $1800 up here for a 53MY. I would expect double in FTL.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I pay $25ft here in NJ. i don't have them compound the paint
    Jack Sardina

Hard to offer an opinion without more detail because "compound and wax" means different things to different people.

If you are being charged 4k to do a simple one stage polish and wax then it does sound awfully high.

If however, the vendor is going to spend days buffing out the entire boat and polishing in multiple stages plus polish your aluminum and stainless, remove clean and replace canvas clean inside the deck storage spaces etc etc. then perhaps it is less so.

Ask for a specific quote of services to be rendered.
    Shawn
    58 MY

I had our Gulfstar 1971 Mark 1 Trawler compounded and waxed for $25/ft, a little over a year ago. I don't think the prices have changed that much in Galveston.

Hate to say this but or wash guy charges $1.00 per foot for wash and dry. $10.00 a foot for wax. $20.00 for compound and wax.