Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PIZZAZ Update 41 Chris Craft

Hi Y'all

It's been a while since I updated PIZZAZ. "Brutal" South Florida Winter weather (wind) has slowed exterior progress, but at least I'm making some... New stripes... without affecting the positioning of the original. And...the first coats of varnish on the new teak cabinet doors up on the flybridge... Each day she looks better.

DSCN0335.jpgDSCN0862.jpgDSCN0853.jpg

I was just informed it will be 8-10 weeks for new custom drapes in the aft stateroom! Why is it that the stuff that should be easy takes forever?

Re: PIZZAZ Update 41 Chris Craft

Looking good Paul!
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Looks great! I like the black and grey. Is that the original location of the shore power inlets? Seems like an odd choice and not typical of CC.
    Jack Sardina

Yes, the shore power inlets were original placement on this model. I have no clue as to why they were placed both port and starboard. I'm real happy with the look of the black and silver.
    DSCN0865.jpgDSCN0772.jpg
    Last edited by pizzazsdaddy; 03-12-2015 at 11:15 AM.

The new stripes look great. Can you give some detail on how you did them?

The black is brush awlgrip. The silver trim is stripe tape.

Looks good, Pizzaz!
    And it looks like you've got something going on with the windows, too. What's up there?

8. Re: PIZZAZ Update 41 Chris Craft

Looking for recommendations to tape off the strips on my boat before rolling and tipping Awlgrip. I did a section today and had the paint blead through the 3m fine line tape in sections. Any suggestions on how to avoid, and the best brand to use would be appreciated.
    -Chris
    SCUSI
    1981 55C
    Hull #: 328

If it bleeds through with 3M fine line, there's a good possibility the tape wasn't pressed firmly against the substrate. It's very easy to place the tape and run a hand over it, but all that can get you is a superficial bond. I tend to apply tape to position without really pressing it in, then go back over every edge and give it a solid, thumb-tiring push along the whole length. Depending on the tape you're using, you can actually see a difference in bonding area print through.

Also, there are lots of Chinese fakes of 3M products. Make sure you got the real deal. I got a set of CN-branded 3M organic filters that were awful. They smelled toxic from the second I pulled them from the package.

10. Re: PIZZAZ Update 41 Chris Craft

Thanks I dragged a Credit Card over it and thought I got a good bond. Bought it on Amazon so who knows. I'll get a new role from Defender and try again. It was painful to clean the edges up but I did get it to look good.
    SCUSI
    1981 55C
    Hull #: 328