Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Anyone Seen 58 Hatteras "Point in Time"

Hi Y'all
    A friend asked me about an old 58 Motor Yacht in Tennessee named POINT IN TIME. Been for sale at least a couple of years now. Has anyone actually been aboard this boat?

Re: Anyone Seen 58 Hatteras "Point in Time"

There was a thread about it last summer.

Thanks jpk55
    I looked at that post, and it was from the owner with old pictures and details. I remember another thread from someone who traveled through the area reporting on a "used to be nice" but deteriorating 58 somewhere in that area. I didn't know if the same boat was being discussed or not.

I spent a considerable amount of time on her this summer and ultimately had a contract on her. The current owner is a gentleman, but the vessel has some issues related to PO mistreatment circa 2007. Overall I think she showed well "on the surface" for a vessel that has been sitting, perhaps not as nice as the great videos but still reasonably presentable cosmetically. The electronics had been partially updated but those are already getting pretty outdated. The engines were stellar ($156K in receipts from DD shop, wow, everything replaced with new new new). The major issue is that she had apparently taken on water somewhere in her previous travels and the entire generator room was flooded. Failed generator exhaust cooling inlet or something like that and a failed bilge pump, and maybe some time before it was noticed. Lots of rot and mold to address down below unfortunately. That is why we walked. PM if you would like more details.

Thanks Nautibake

I appreciate the info. My friend who's "kinda-lookin" owns a couple of marinas. He's not a mold repair/wet wiring kind of guy though.

Thank You so much. It sounds like it could be a wonderful buy for the right "project seeker". Especially with fresh main engines. Sorry to hear someone was not paying attention to her.

Pizzazsdaddy

You are welcome. We were really disappointed to walk away at the time, particularly with those engines, I mean the 8V92's were works of art. For someone that understands the challenges down below she could be a great boat. As it turned out, it was the best for us, because we found a much better (for us) 58MY with galley up in Pensacola and just closed last week.