Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Rayline Searchlight Parts

Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Thanks very much Sky.
    Gary
    1984 53' MY Hull #625
    "JACE"

It's unfortunate to hear that LB Harvey isn't as user freindly as they once were. Just a few years ago I have no problem getting the small parts including gears, washers, o-rings, even the retaining rings. Because I couldn' t nail down the exact size of the retaining ring, sent sen several sizes to make sure I got the right one.
    Must have adopted a new business model to handle escalating cost of small business these days
    Jim
    1984 53' MY
    'Plan B'

Quote Originally Posted by Plan B2 View Post
    It's unfortunate to hear that LB Harvey isn't as user freindly as they once were. Just a few years ago I have no problem getting the small parts including gears, washers, o-rings, even the retaining rings. Because I couldn' t nail down the exact size of the retaining ring, sent sen several sizes to make sure I got the right one.
    Must have adopted a new business model to handle escalating cost of small business these days
    Maybe without the availability ofnew parts they can only rebuild so Many units but if they sell parts they can't rebuild them. If I owned the parts and my business was rebuilding why would I undermine my own business for a few dollars from parts. Some things are just simple math.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Further to my work on re-chroming my search light, I was looking for replacement bulbs and have
    found the following at a very reasonable price:

http://www.topbulb.com/1945-bulb-mini-lamp-32v-200w

These bulbs fit exactly into the holder. See pics
    Attached Images
    Gary
    1984 53' MY Hull #625
    "JACE"

Nice find. It said that they had 7 in stock, so I bought 2. I have seen those original bulbs listed for as much as $147 for one bulb.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

How much did it cost to get the searchlight rechromed? I have a few parts I am considering doing, but may throw the searchlight in there too if not cost prohibitive.

Just an FYI. Max Marine Electronics in Pompane Beach, FL sells used electronics. I have found spare parts for my ACR spotlight. He also has circuit boards and parts for radars, sat tv, etc.
    Thanks,

Tony

2008 Cheoy Lee Bravo 78 "Bella Sophia"
    1989 78' Hatteras CPMY #311 "Bella Sophia" (sold)
    2007 Everglades 290cc “Bada Bing” (sold)
    2006 Advanced Outdoors 28cc (sold)
    2003 Melges 24 "Bada Bing" (sold)
    2023 HCB 42 “Bada Bing”

Quote Originally Posted by johnjen50 View Post
    How much did it cost to get the searchlight rechromed? I have a few parts I am considering doing, but may throw the searchlight in there too if not cost prohibitive.
    I found a place in Toronto. It's around $400 CDN. I haven't got the parts back yet, so I can't
    comment on quality, but will report once I get the parts back. I also found a place in New York that
    is re-silvering the 10" dia. concave mirror for $50 USD.
    All in all, it's a lot more reasonable than some of the quotes I've received.
    Gary
    1984 53' MY Hull #625
    "JACE"

Chances are good that for a relatively low volume product like this that many of the parts are off the shelf and in the case of a nylon gear can probably be sourced from a distribution house such as Boston Gear or McMaster.
    Greg Harrington
    43 DCFB 1977 w/Cummins 903 M1 (340HP)
    Hull #454