Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: FS 1986 Hatteras 43 MY

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Thank you very much for the kind words. A lot of love has been put into her to get her into this shape.
    Beautiful! I'm jealous, especially at the paint.
    Last edited by fissioneng; 02-06-2015 at 02:54 PM.
    Looking for another boat...not a Hatt

Now if we could only agree on a fair price????? That will be a hard thing to do. Seems like there is no reward for the person who maintains and upgrades. Its the same as rebuilding a classic car. You never get even close to your money and hard work out of the project. Next boat I own will be a project and I'll keep it a project. Not really, but see my point. Plus I wont worry every time a sea gull takes a dump on my bow.
    Pate B.
    1985 43' MY "Blue Bayou"
    Southport, NC

Quote Originally Posted by magnawake View Post
    Now if we could only agree on a fair price????? That will be a hard thing to do. Seems like there is no reward for the person who maintains and upgrades. Its the same as rebuilding a classic car. You never get even close to your money and hard work out of the project. Next boat I own will be a project and I'll keep it a project. Not really, but see my point. Plus I wont worry every time a sea gull takes a dump on my bow.
    Any one of us will tell you that you shouln't expect to get any money back that you put into your boat unless you did major desireable upgrades such as repowering or a complete refit such as what has been done to a few of these boats. Even then you'll only get a small percentage back in increased resale value. Keeping aor putting one of these boats in top condition won't make it worth more that the others out there, it will only make it easier to sell. I've said this many times before, If you put 200k into a 100K boat you don't get a 300K boat. What you get is an exceptionally nice 100K boat. We've all seen those boats that went through 500K-750K redesigns and refits. Then the owner has a change in plans and decides to sell a couple of years later. Most won't net 30% of the refit cost including the value of the boat they started with. Maintain and upgrade your boats to your standards and for your useage. If you do it expecting a monetary return you'll be be very disapointed.
    Jack Sardina

A 1985 43 MY in Mi just closed this month at $87,500 against an asking of $119,000.
    A 1986 43 MY in Fl closed in Jan 2015 at $115,000 against an asking of $134,900.
    Both boats looked very nice in the photos.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Has this 43 been sold?

Quote Originally Posted by corvette07 View Post
    Has this 43 been sold?

No. We have been enjoying her but would like to sell. Shoot me a PM and we can talk more. It's just not getting used like my parents thought they would in retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    A 1985 43 MY in Mi just closed this month at $87,500 against an asking of $119,000.
    A 1986 43 MY in Fl closed in Jan 2015 at $115,000 against an asking of $134,900.
    Both boats looked very nice in the photos.

What exactly is your point with this post?

[QUOTE=Sailor;303744]What exactly is your point with this post?[/QUTE]
    Eric is a longtime member who also happens to be a well respected Broker. Try getting info like this on the outside. Not easy without a sales pitch.
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

Buy the way. That's a good looking 43.
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    What exactly is your point with this post?
    I took that as a courteous outreach due to a lack of asking price despite several requests.