Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

FS 1986 Hatteras 43 MY

SOLD.

Dad has decided it's is now time for the boat to find a new home. They thought they would cruise after retiring last year, but decided not to. Looking for serious offers from someone who is ready to enjoy this great boat. She was repainted in 2008 with Awlgrip with a yacht quality finish. She was sanded, faired, primed, sanded and painted several times. The finish on this boat is excellent and she turns heads at every marina as people think she is a new boat. All canvas was replaced and is in excellent shape. Also has a davit with a 9' Boston Whaler dinghy under cover with a Yamaha 8 hp outboard that is also in excellent shape.

Powered by highly dependable twin 671 DD JT with less then 1,800 hours, always maintained with an open checkbook. If it broke, it was replaced with a new part! Two new A/C's, SS exhaust elbows, batteries, and more recently replaced. Garmin 4212 along with radar and Furuno bottom machine, back up GPS, synchronizers, flowscans and much more. Bridge also has heat and A/C!

Granite counter tops in the galley, huge amounts of storage and will come with a full complement of dock lines, fenders, etc. This is a turn key boat ready for the loop. Her two previous owners cruised her in the Bahamas and South Carolina area according to her log book. There is also a box full of original builder schematics.

Below are a few pictures and I can get more. I was once a yacht broker and I'm not looking to be contacted by any brokers UNLESS you have a buyer. I will pay a commission if you have a buyer, so don't call fishing for a listing! You can reach me at eight 5 zero 6 nine nine 13 eight three.

Last edited by Sailor; 01-23-2020 at 06:01 PM. Reason: SOLD

Re: FS 1986 Hatteras 43 MY

A few more pics

You have one of the best 43's I've ever seen. Very Very nice.
    Pate B.
    1985 43' MY "Blue Bayou"
    Southport, NC

She is lovely. A few questions: What are the 2 Morse lever on the side of the aft deck wet bar? Where is this boat located? What is the ask price? Thanks.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Asking price?

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    She is lovely. A few questions: What are the 2 Morse lever on the side of the aft deck wet bar? Where is this boat located? What is the ask price? Thanks.
    I would think its gotta be gear shifters. I can see from my fly bridge to back into the slip. The aft sundeck roof totally covers visibility. I dont really like how the levers are located on the side. It would srew me up figuring out port and strb. I will continue to rely on my wife giving me directions.
    Pate B.
    1985 43' MY "Blue Bayou"
    Southport, NC

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    Yup gear shifters. Makes it easy for docking if you are single handed. Personally I never use them, except after I've come down off the bridge to help handle lines then I use them to adjust the boat in the slip.

The boat is located in Fort Walton Beach, FL. Price...working on a number but if you are *very* interested let's talk.

Quote Originally Posted by magnawake View Post
    You have one of the best 43's I've ever seen. Very Very nice.
    Thank you very much for the kind words. A lot of love has been put into her to get her into this shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Thank you very much for the kind words. A lot of love has been put into her to get her into this shape.
    Mine has been on the market for 1 year and only a couple of bites. Good luck with pricing your beautiful boat. There are some dogs out there that looks like they are trying to give them away. I have lived on mine and cruised for 3 1/2 out of 4 years. Mine is ready to go and ready to live on for the next owner, and the price shows. I got a pretty good deal when I bought ours but had to do lots of stuff to get it ready to cruise. The new buyers dont seem to get that part of the equation. I am trying to buy a sail boat and go around the world (not really that far) so I need something different. The 43 would make someone a great livaboard and coastal cruiser and not break the bank.
    Pate B.
    1985 43' MY "Blue Bayou"
    Southport, NC