Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: RARE Hatteras sighting! 28 Sport Fish

28 and 31 bert = RLDT.

Great for running though.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Man Hatt'n' View Post
    I have one, hull #005. Bought it from a marine electronics guy on Kent Island quite few years back. Named "Serious Business", it had 504 Cummins and I had big naïve dreams. Trucking from Mass to MI ran about $2K. At the time (2006) I tracked down about 18 of the 31 28' sport fish versions that were built, including one owned by a guy named Bruce who worked for Hatteras. I think Eric has some knowledge of this. There were about 70 28' cruisers built. I still have the hull, sold the Cummins, bought some Steyr diesels and ran out of money and will. I've got the hull on a 4 axle tag trailer under shrink-wrap. Would love to have it finished, Tugboat Willie, ya hear me? Howzabout it Sky? I've also got an interesting article about the 28' cruiser reviewed by Powerboat Magazine. I could e-mail it to someone more techno-savvy than I am and they could post it. I also have a great concept sketch of a 28' offshore express graciously provided by Tom Slane. I still carry a picture of a sistership ("Tonka's Toy", owned at the time by a Doug Erath in NY) in my wallet. I still have a soft spot in my heart, but not so much in my brain anymore. (sigh) Howard in West Michigan
    I always thought it would be fun to rehab a 28 cruiser. I may have to come look at it, Howard.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

3. Re: RARE Hatteras sighting! 28 Sport Fish

Sky, I'm just outside Saugatuck. I'd love show you the old girl, and I'll buy lunch at Wally's. Howard, just outside Saugatuck in beautiful west Michigan

4. Re: RARE Hatteras sighting! 28 Sport Fish

I remember when she departed Piney Narrows on the truck and headed your way. What happened to the flybridge?
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

6. Re: RARE Hatteras sighting! 28 Sport Fish

Eric, the flybridge is in the cockpit. You reminded me that the transport company upped the price when the boat got to Michigan, claiming they didn't know a pilot car would be needed. I don't recall whether I paid it or not. Howard

7. Re: RARE Hatteras sighting! 28 Sport Fish

I may have attached the first three pages of the article I mentioned earlier. Let's see, hmmmmm....

page 1.jpgpage 2.jpgpage 3.jpg

8. Re: RARE Hatteras sighting! 28 Sport Fish

Final two pages.page 4.jpgpage 5.jpg

I have one, hull #005. Bought it from a marine electronics guy on Kent Island quite few years back. Named "Serious Business", it had 504 Cummins and I had big naïve dreams. Trucking from Mass to MI ran about $2K. At the time (2006) I tracked down about 18 of the 31 28' sport fish versions that were built, including one owned by a guy named Bruce who worked for Hatteras. I think Eric has some knowledge of this. There were about 70 28' cruisers built. I still have the hull, sold the Cummins, bought some Steyr diesels and ran out of money and will. I've got the hull on a 4 axle tag trailer under shrink-wrap. Would love to have it finished, Tugboat Willie, ya hear me? Howzabout it Sky? I've also got an interesting article about the 28' cruiser reviewed by Powerboat Magazine. I could e-mail it to someone more techno-savvy than I am and they could post it. I also have a great concept sketch of a 28' offshore express graciously provided by Tom Slane. I still carry a picture of a sistership ("Tonka's Toy", owned at the time by a Doug Erath in NY) in my wallet. I still have a soft spot in my heart, but not so much in my brain anymore. (sigh) Howard in West Michigan
    Funny I was going to post that I have seen about 4 with a bridge and a few without and that a friend owned one I have have been on, It was Doug's boat Tonka's Toy just saw Doug last weekend I will tell him you still carry the picture
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Sky, I'm just outside Saugatuck. I'd love show you the old girl, and I'll buy lunch at Wally's. Howard, just outside Saugatuck in beautiful west Michigan
    I didn't realize that yours was a flybridge sport fisher. I would be more interested in a 28 cruiser. But I'll still look you up when I get over that way. I'd love to see her just the same.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI