Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Being Lazy Here

Cool Re: Being Lazy Here

Well I spent 15 days with him and I'll never regret it !!!
    CRAZZZY NUFFF

Re: Being Lazy Here

Quote Originally Posted by q240z View Post
    "we will probably do what Randy and I did in reverse."

So, you're gonna run with a busted engine, but on the opposite side as ol' Freebird?
    Man the past can't escape you around here. Been a long time since the bird flew with only one wing, let's help him keep it that way.
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Well thanks to everyone .I'm chicken and we will probably do what Randy and I did in reverse.I can do 8kts or push it up to ten but I haven't had this boat on a plane this whole trip.We are still at PC and we are waiting on Oil anylis results from Cattapiar.I'm 20 hours from oil change and Hopefully they'll recommend an extention.Oil for the 31seris Cats is $30 per gal and I need 14 gal plus filters.Should hear Back from them soon.Hoping for a 75-100 hour extention.Even 50would help.We also have friends coming over from Mobile and we would like to run this section across to Stienhatchee togather.they should be here this weekend.Also Russ Appleton should be here on his 43 this weekend and we enjoy being with them.So I don't see us leaving unti early next week.I may wind up doing the oil change and it takes me the better part of a day.We shall sea!!!
    Call in advance to make sure you have a space at Steinhatchee. The marina/motel on the South side of the river is bad and their docks and cleats not strong enough for a big Hatt. The bigger one on the North side is good, but not a lot of space for bigger boats.
    Last edited by Nonchalant1; 12-19-2014 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by q240z View Post
    "we will probably do what Randy and I did in reverse."

So, you're gonna run with a busted engine, but on the opposite side as ol' Freebird?
    Hey, there's an idea. Robby can leave directly from Panama City and run to Clearwater on the STARBOARD engine. That'll take 30 hours, but it will re-align the universe.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Nonchalant1 View Post
    Call in advance to make sure you have a space at Steinhatchee. The marina/motel on the South side of the river is bad and their docks and cleats not strong enough for a big Hatt. The bigger on on the North side is good, but not a lot of space for bigger boats.
    Sea Hag Marina is where we stayed on that trip, and I've been there since. Gotta be sure to take the dually ride (alligator skin seats) to the local seafood joint, the name of which escapes me right now.

http://seahag.com/
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Well ,Good news!Oil samples came back cleaner than a whistle.Resample in 100 hours.Bright Angle got here yesterday.We will probably leave on the 26th.
    CRAZZZY NUFFF

Well its 0500 Sunday Morning and we are at Carrabelle.Looks like 2-3's to cross and I don't think Bren could handle that.We are still running with a pack of about 6 boats 4 slow ones and two fast ones .We are running with Bright Angel a 44 Jeff.Yesterday in App sound near the dredge just past the bridge we had to plow our way thru.Dont wont to do that again.So I'll get with Bryon in a few minutes and we will decide what to do.
    CRAZZZY NUFFF

Angry Re: Being Lazy Here

Bryon Bren and I hashed it out and its no getting to be daylight.Looks like we will see the rest of the year here.It would be a really rooley pooley ride and a tough day so here we sit it out for a better weather window.
    CRAZZZY NUFFF

Just a suggestion, but you might want to take a little ride out into the Gulf and let Brenda experience those 2-3's. No doubt the boat can handle them, but if they cause her problems, you may want to rethink a few things because that's about as good as it gets. The best time to find out you're prone to seasickness is when you can put your feet back on dry land in short order. Then it's time to head to the drug store.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

The boat will ride better at speed. It rocks a lot less when on plane.

It's not rough out there. It's Hatteras weather.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.