Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Project anyone

Project anyone

Re: Project anyone

That is a very "do-able" project. She's all there and all original. Even that wallpaper in the head is the stuff she came with new. Sortof like a time capsule. I hope someone grabs her up and gives her new life.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Looks like the perfect boat for Hattatack.
    Jack Sardina

Still nothing about engines (if any). If gas..to they run. If so what about fuel tanks..i.e. fibreglass reaction with new gas. It could probably be a great project for someone who has the skill, time, free yard space and tools and equipment, plus a few (lol) bucks. On the positive side that model was a great riding boat and could provide a lot of fun to the right person.

Good grief I'd pay 1k for that clock and barometer (well not quite). They look way better than mine, neither of which are currently working. On my task list is to polish them both this week (Thanksgiving tradition) so at least they LOOK decent. How on earth are those so shiny? Boat has potential.

Cheryl
    Cinderella
    1971 53 MY

Listing states "No engines or generator, never sank." She does look to be a great candidate for a restoration. Too ambitious for me but Hopefully she'll go to someone with the skills and determination to make her grand again.
    Jack Sardina

I'll piss some people off like I usually do. But if I were to put time and $ into a 34 it would either be a trunk cabin pre '66 or a '69 and later 36. To me the flush deck '66-68 34 looked like Hatt tacked on a afterthought topside to fix the low headroom problem in the 34 vee birth area. They did the same with the 41 but it looks a little better.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

It does look like they tried to Carolina-ize it while retaining the existing hull. Looking at the brochures it's pretty impressive how they created so many different boats using just one hull mold.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

I Think that modification was made to allow room for diesels. I have a 1963 trunk cabin. It was really squeezing things . In order to get 370 hp cummins to fit I had to use down angle transmissions ,raise the floor 1 1/2" and the sound down on the hatch is a little to close. The only thing that helps is my spinal stenosis that keeps me from standing up straight so I've got plenty of room. Ray

I've seen a lot worse for a lot more. It would be irresistible if it were closer. I should probably be thankful for that.
    ej