Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Re: "Extreme" ly Impressive 53

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    A 53c is a much bigger boat than the 52c

A 52c is a much more modern boat than a 53c.

They are both great boats but for that ask you should get 3 of each.
    53 is a far better open-water animal. My opinion....

Quote Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
    I had to go look again and all I can say is these guys are pretty impressed with these old 53s. That boat still has 12V71's! Sure they are custom but for that much money ther e should new power like Cat C18s. Then they might get 400K if they were lucky. This one still has the old style bridge and windows for a whopping 995K.
    http://marinegroupec.com/boat-invent..._id=75851&url=
    Crazy thing is they have an '04 and an 03 60Cs listed for the same price as these two 1973 53Cs. I must be missing something here!
    The Broker is not expecting to sell this boat. He agreed to take the listing for nothing more than to generate leads. If there is any other reason other than that, or as a favor to the owner, then he's a bad broker with no understanding of the current market.

Nice boat just way to much money. Like mentioned above you could buy a late 2000 54 with C-30 CATS. This boat still has original Detroits.

Tony

[QUOTE=saltshaker;258797]Tim its the same boat and listed with 600 hours if you read the egine section of the listing. I looked at her about 8 years ago and she ran 26kts at 2000rpm and 30kts WOT. Definitely the same boat and the interior refit and repower are at least 10 years old. She used to have a yellow hull. Nice boat but only 2 staterooms. Think about how nice Southern Comfort was and what she sold for. If you use that as a comp, 175K would be very generous for this boat. Sad but true.

I just took a quick look and saw the 1oo hours in specifications assumed the interior had the new smell still. Anyway it may bring a solid 175 to a unaware buyer. the owner is screwed. Remember the 52 with cats i missed still kick my self for that one but unless i am mistaken it brought 16o that was about 2 years ago.

"Putting 300k into 150k boat doesn't give you a 450k. It gives you a real nice 150k boat. If you're lucky you might get 200k."

The gospel. Boy is that ever true.