Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: "Extreme" ly Impressive 53

I'm thinking I should list my boat with these guys. Mine should be at least 2 mil based on thier 53C listings.
    Jack Sardina

Spending a minimum 200k for a repower and 100 hrs. later the boat is worth 175K all day? That is brutal. A repower makes no sense for these older boats at today's valuations. This particular boat looks to have had a total refit if the boat looks a s good as the pics. If I was in the market for a 53C this one would be on my short list. Fished a lot on a friends 53C years ago, great sea boat and a real fish magnet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Spending a minimum 200k for a repower and 100 hrs. later the boat is worth 175K all day? That is brutal. A repower makes no sense for these older boats at today's valuations. This particular boat looks to have had a total refit if the boat looks a s good as the pics. If I was in the market for a 53C this one would be on my short list. Fished a lot on a friends 53C years ago, great sea boat and a real fish magnet.
    THAT IS EXACTLEY WHAT EVERY ONE IS SAYING. Buy it already done do not do it yourself. To sell it you gotta find some one with cash cause the banks do not look very kinely at these old boats as colateral.

Quote Originally Posted by artzco View Post
    read engine room section.
    you win 600 hours however in engine specs at the beginning says 100 hours

Keep in mind that refit is at least 10 years old. Putting money into a boat is always a loss financially. Putting 300k into 150k boat doesn't give you a 450k. It gives you a real nice 150k boat. If you're lucky you might get 200k. Problem is you can get other good boats for the same money. A nice 52C with low hours on the same engines, refit interior and lots of other upgrades sold for much less than they want for that 53C.
    Jack Sardina

A 53c is a much bigger boat than the 52c

A 52c is a much more modern boat than a 53c.

They are both great boats but for that ask you should get 3 of each.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
    Keep in mind that refit is at least 10 years old. Putting money into a boat is always a loss financially. Putting 300k into 150k boat doesn't give you a 450k. It gives you a real nice 150k boat. If you're lucky you might get 200k. Problem is you can get other good boats for the same money. A nice 52C with low hours on the same engines, refit interior and lots of other upgrades sold for much less than they want for that 53C.
    Yeah, after reading all the specs there is not a date to qualify any of work or repower. Ha, 100 hrs. turns into 600 hr. "new Cats".

Yeah, after reading all the specs there is not a date to qualify any of work or repower. Ha, 100 hrs. turns into 600 hr. "new Cats".
    Considering that Cat hasn't built the 3406E for at least 7 or 8 years, thier definition of new is a bit skewed.
    Jack Sardina

She was built out in Marathon, down in the Keys. Been on the market for several years. She's still very much an original Hatt despite the power upgrades. Very nice boat for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
    Considering that Cat hasn't built the 3406E for at least 7 or 8 years, thier definition of new is a bit skewed.

Yes, she was built out in 2007 or so. This was going on at the same time my project began.