Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Thumbs up "Extreme" ly Impressive 53

This is what you get when someone goes "all in" on a re-fit costing over $1M. This is beautiful: YW#: 75851-2738208. Hatteras, 1973 53' $895,000.00 Orange Beach, AL.
    Well done. Wish I could afford it.

Re: "Extreme" ly Impressive 53

Beautiful boat but they'd be lucky to get half that. You could by a pristine low hour '04-05' 54C with bigger engines and better performance for the same money
    Jack Sardina

I had to go look again and all I can say is these guys are pretty impressed with these old 53s. That boat still has 12V71's! Sure they are custom but for that much money ther e should new power like Cat C18s. Then they might get 400K if they were lucky. This one still has the old style bridge and windows for a whopping 995K.
    http://marinegroupec.com/boat-invent..._id=75851&url=
    Crazy thing is they have an '04 and an 03 60Cs listed for the same price as these two 1973 53Cs. I must be missing something here!
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
    I had to go look again and all I can say is these guys are pretty impressed with these old 53s. That boat still has 12V71's! Sure they are custom but for that much money ther e should new power like Cat C18s. Then they might get 400K if they were lucky. This one still has the old style bridge and windows for a whopping 995K.
    Crazy thing is they have an '04 and an 03 60Cs listed for the same price as these two 1973 53Cs. I must be missing something here!
    Nah that's got to be 99k. Even that's too much.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Two fine looking 53 Hatts. The Extreme flybridge and side glass looks like my 50c. Atta-Boy to those that did the work, looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    Nah that's got to be 99k. Even that's too much.
    That's what I was thinking too but based on what they're asking for the other one who knows
    Jack Sardina

sorry guys, but I have to make a correlation here to bring us all back to earth.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
    The Broker is not expecting to sell this boat. He agreed to take the listing for nothing more than to generate leads. If there is any other reason other than that, or as a favor to the owner, then he's a bad broker with no understanding of the current market.

Nice boat just way to much money. Like mentioned above you could buy a late 2000 54 with C-30 CATS. This boat still has original Detroits.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Lamar View Post
    This is what you get when someone goes "all in" on a re-fit costing over $1M. This is beautiful: YW#: 75851-2738208. Hatteras, 1973 53' $895,000.00 Orange Beach, AL.
    Well done. Wish I could afford it.
    Yep a hell of a LOSS