Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cheapest 53" I've seen.....ever

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1976...s#.VF9mTtJ0y1s

Meant ' not "....otherwise it would be the most expensive 53 I've seen.
    Last edited by ralexa6808; 11-09-2014 at 08:08 AM.

Re: Cheapest 53" I've seen.....ever

By the time you buy it for 39K, get it home, and spend $400K refitting her, you'll have a boat worth at least $200K. This is what's known as the instant inversion kit.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    By the time you buy it for 39K, get it home, and spend $400K refitting her, you'll have a boat worth at least $200K. This is what's known as the instant inversion kit.
    Good luck getting $200k for a 53c. Can't tell from the pictures but she doesn't seem that bad and if someone wanted a 53c cheap she might be a good candidate. Seems like most of the work can be done by a DIYer and not too cost intensive. If the machinery is in good order and the paint isn't completly shot. She could be a fair deal for someone near by. Could be a great candidate for Hattatack now that he doesn't have the 34 to rebuild. Probably cost him less to get this one I order than putting together a 34 that sank and needs everything.
    Jack Sardina

The only must-fix problems I see are the leaky hatches and the broken fridge. And if the ice maker works or the marina has ice, I think I could get by for a while without fixing the fridge. Of course, it would only be good for a party barge, but I would make sure to be hammered all the time so I didn't care about the rest of the "project.

Title? What title mon? You bring money I give you keys!
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quite honestly with the mirrored master stateroom this could be the next candidate for Captain Stabbin.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

I'd like to see what the "extended warranties" are the broker advertises and the cost.

EXACTLEY CORRECT !!!!!! But you got to make the crossing to start working on it getting it home may be a task in itself Free would be a good price considering where it is. Also the statement by the broker with some work it would make a good charter boat UH

Having done this project....the hatches don't even qualify for a starting point. These projects done right go deep into the hull and the wallet. My project was in many ways cheaper, as absolutely everything had been removed. Everything. I was able to see and understand the problems and build her back from there.

This project requires a very strong constitution as well as a bit of absurdity.

Not every boat needs to be completely refit. This boat may just need a bit of work to get her into better shape. If the engines and generator are in good working order and the hull, decks and superstructure are sound, she may be a bargain for the right buyer. Until one of us actually steps aboard, all our comments are just speculation.
    Jack Sardina