Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Ft Lauderdale Boat Show Weather

Hi Y'all!

Get ready for some "WINTRY" weather for the Lauderdale show this year...

While Thursday and Friday is expected to be typical "Autumn-Like" for South Florida... High 82 Low 70... A nasty cold front is expected to push thru late Friday... with a few showers Friday Night...and it's expected to usher in the coldest weather down here since April 10th... Saturday Morning could be down around 59 degrees!!!

Saturday Sunshine and Frosty High 75 Low 55.
    Sunday Sunshine and Frigid High 74 Low 65.
    Monday Sunshine and still Chilly High 76 Low 69.

For us...this is almost "January-like"! But perfect boat show weather! (Sounds pretty awesome doesn't it)??? If this doesn't put people in a buying mood...nothing will!

Re: Ft Lauderdale Boat Show Weather

I wish I was going this year and enjoying that Florida "fall" weather instead of this Michigan weather.

BTW, how is your Chris Craft project coming along?

Quote Originally Posted by pizzazsdaddy View Post
    Hi Y'all!

Get ready for some "WINTRY" weather for the Lauderdale show this year...

While Thursday and Friday is expected to be typical "Autumn-Like" for South Florida... High 82 Low 70... A nasty cold front is expected to push thru late Friday... with a few showers Friday Night...and it's expected to usher in the coldest weather down here since April 10th... Saturday Morning could be down around 59 degrees!!!

Saturday Sunshine and Frosty High 75 Low 55.
    Sunday Sunshine and Frigid High 74 Low 65.
    Monday Sunshine and still Chilly High 76 Low 69.

For us...this is almost "January-like"! But perfect boat show weather! (Sounds pretty awesome doesn't it)??? If this doesn't put people in a buying mood...nothing will!
    Not much colder here in NJ. Yesterday was 72 and today its 70. Sat is supposed to be in the upper 40's. First cold snap here this fall. Back to the upper 60's by Mon. I love the Fall up here.
    Jack Sardina

Hi Tom5518

My 41' Chris Craft project has been extra-extra slow. The only compound and wax guy I totally trust was out for 6 weeks with back issues. The initial "wax everything" project is finally done. I've got to admit, for a 35 year old finish, it came up real nice, but it delayed the painter, (trim, stripes etc), along with several other projects. She's a step closer every day, but way slower than my "instant gratification" gene is happy with. Check out that shine...
    DSCN0153.jpgDSCN0133.jpg
    Thank You old Chris Craft Gel-Coat. Fresh Soft Goods will start arriving over the next 3 weeks...

Mr Weather just said overnight lows from Saturday night to Sunday morning could reach record breaking levels teetering under the 50 degree mark. A Sunny, Cool and Windy boat show this year! You Northerners will want to bring at least a sweater.

50 won't make the iguanas fall out of the trees. Too bad. That's always fun to see.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Quote Originally Posted by pizzazsdaddy View Post
    Hi Tom5518

My 41' Chris Craft project has been extra-extra slow. The only compound and wax guy I totally trust was out for 6 weeks with back issues. The initial "wax everything" project is finally done. I've got to admit, for a 35 year old finish, it came up real nice, but it delayed the painter, (trim, stripes etc), along with several other projects. She's a step closer every day, but way slower than my "instant gratification" gene is happy with. Check out that shine...

Thank You old Chris Craft Gel-Coat. Fresh Soft Goods will start arriving over the next 3 weeks...
    She looks good, thanks for posting up the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    50 won't make the iguanas fall out of the trees. Too bad. That's always fun to see.
    Another one of those who go to boat shows just to see an iguana crash...
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Thank You exotic pet owners.

New twist on an old joke heard at the Lauderdale show... What's the quickest, easiest way to become a Millionaire?

Start with Five Million, and buy a boat!!!!

By the way, for those attending Saturday and Sunday, if you get there early, park across from Pier 66 on the South side of the 17th St. Causeway. Walk thru the fence under the bridge to the Pier 66 displays, and the water taxi to Bahia Mar is right there. It's the BEST way to get around the show easily.