Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gel Batteries

Gel Batteries

I'm sure this has come up somewhere in distant past but it would take days for me to find it - thanks for understanding.
    I am considering replacing my group 8D lead acid batteries with gel batteries. My late model Charles battery charger has an optional switch over for gel and gas mat. Frankly, I cannot think of one reason not to do this but, as always, I'm missing something. Any and all comments will be deeply appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Bill
    Capt'n Bill

"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, But people will never forget how you made them feel."

Re: Gel Batteries

We had a set of Gel cells in a motorhome and they lasted 10 years before replacement. These were just for the inverter bank. I have no idea how they would do in a starting application.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I took 6 Gel 8d'S out of a GB this past winter, they were 10 years and still tested good !

One of my friends has a 1999 Tiara 41 with the original gel batteries and they still test good.

Thanks guys! Decision's made.
    Bill
    Capt'n Bill

"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, But people will never forget how you made them feel."