Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marathon sunset

Marathon sunset

We are anchored on the west side of marathon with a north breeze 5-10mph. Hopefully no gnats and skitters. It's so peaceful on the hook. This is our favorite thing to do.
    Attached Images
    Pate B.
    1985 43' MY "Blue Bayou"
    Southport, NC

Re: Marathon sunset

We'll be there in two weeks for the winter Hatt's already there at Marathon marina and boat yard. I think I met you last year when you were anchored up in the mooring field we were in my little boat and we talked diving. Maybe see you this year enjoy in any event. Bill
    Bill Allen 1973 43 dc
    Brielle N.J.

Hi bill, yeah that was me. We are anchored just for the night on the way to key west and maybe dry Tortugas but the wind is supposed to kick up so we prolly will just scratch the D.T.'s. We stayed last night just outside the channel leading into boot key. We can see sombrero reef light the south and the mile 7 bridge to the north. It's was avery peaceful night.
    Pate B.
    1985 43' MY "Blue Bayou"
    Southport, NC

Life's good! I am hoping to move Freedom South in January or so for a month.
    Regards
    Dan

I know just where you're talking about very nice place with the right wind. I like taking the little boat up into boot key and wander around, there's an old home made sub up there I always get a kick out of seeing. Coasties don't like going in there hands me a laugh. Bill
    Bill Allen 1973 43 dc
    Brielle N.J.

Yeah I saw that on google earth. Crazy huh.
    Pate B.
    1985 43' MY "Blue Bayou"
    Southport, NC

Somebody put a lot (tons) of work into making it now it just sits in the mud tied to the mangroves. It's interesting I was told the coasties aren't allowed to board it since it's a submersible, didn't seem to matter when I mentioned it was sitting in the mud Bill
    Bill Allen 1973 43 dc
    Brielle N.J.

Yeah it can't sink too deep I would think. I hear the locals are real protective of that whole area back there. I was going to kayak into that creek to see it but another local told me it would be best if I stayed away. On google earth it looks like a waste land with trash everywhere.
    Pate B.
    1985 43' MY "Blue Bayou"
    Southport, NC

I've never had a problem back there but I do know some of the people back there. Always wave and seem alright although I could see an issue given the wrong situation. Don't know how anybody stays there has to be buggier then hell at night. But they do, state worries about the grass on the bottom but the trash and dead boats must be alright with them since they never seem to do anything I've never even seen a FWC boat back there and like I said the Coasties hate going back there. But it is what it is. Narrow shallow channel going in but deep once your inside. Bill
    Bill Allen 1973 43 dc
    Brielle N.J.