Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: lots of dust everywhere

Where are these filters located. I dont ever remember seeing any in my a/c system.

thanks
    art
    Trouble
    43DCFB DC-306
    AYC NY

There is one typically on the evaporator. I add return air filers behind the return air grill and a supply air filter behind the supply air grill. Need to unscrew the grills to get to them. If you have never cleaned the filter on the evaporator, you should do it regularly.

Bobk

Carpet sheds lots of dust.
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by bobk View Post
    There is one typically on the evaporator. I add return air filers behind the return air grill and a supply air filter behind the supply air grill. Need to unscrew the grills to get to them. If you have never cleaned the filter on the evaporator, you should do it regularly.

Bobk
    My evaporator drain gets clogged all the time. I even sprayed a commercial grade coil cleaner and let it set several times. I still need to shop vac the outside drain. Its crazy !!!!
    Pate B.
    1985 43' MY "Blue Bayou"
    Southport, NC

Quote Originally Posted by magnawake View Post
    My evaporator drain gets clogged all the time. I even sprayed a commercial grade coil cleaner and let it set several times. I still need to shop vac the outside drain. Its crazy !!!!
    Evidently your getting unfiltered return air. I have not had to clean mine in 4 years. I have a filter on the inlet that's catching so much crap I need to clean it at least once a week.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Evidently your getting unfiltered return air. I have not had to clean mine in 4 years. I have a filter on the inlet that's catching so much crap I need to clean it at least once a week.
    Thats what I thought too but my evap has a screen in front of it and It normally is clean. I also clean the coil frequently. I think it is getting clogged from stuff years ago that is still in the condensation panand is just breaking loose. Getting access to the pan is out of the question.
    Pate B.
    1985 43' MY "Blue Bayou"
    Southport, NC