Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

how would you do it?

thinking of houseboat purchase in smyrna tn and would relocate near knoxville in loudin county.
    what would be my options?
    thanks, WWIT

Re: how would you do it?

Hatteras doesnt make a houseboat do they?

Art
    Trouble
    43DCFB DC-306
    AYC NY

We spent a month at Ft. Loudon Marina a few years ago. Mostly covered slips. If you want to see some really big houseboats...100'...that's where to look.

There was a great BBQ place in the marina and Knoxville is only a short hop.

5. Re: how would you do it?

If the boat is in Smyrna, that means it is on landlocked Percy Priest Lake [a/k/a where houseboats go to die]. So, you'll have to truck it out of Priest. And, if you're going to do that, you might as well truck it all the way to Knoxville. Check with any marina on Priest for the names of haulers, as everything on that lake came by truck.
    Bill
    Brickell - Miami, Fl
    Cape Elizabeth, Maine

Quote Originally Posted by What was I thinking View Post
    thinking of houseboat purchase in smyrna tn and would relocate near knoxville in loudin county.
    what would be my options?
    thanks, WWIT
    Like Bill said, you'll have to truck it since you can't get here from there. It would make zero sense to truck it anywhere other than where you want to dock it, assuming they have a travel lift on site or at least close by. Unless you're getting a killer deal, you might want to look at something closer to where you want to be, or at least look at something on the Tennessee or a tributary.
    Last edited by Freeebird; 10-21-2014 at 10:56 PM.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93