Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Photo Sensor for Mast Lights

I have just replaced my mast lights and quarter board lights with LEDS. Does anyone use or know of a photo sensitive switch that is appropriate for 24v lights and weatherproof so that I can have these lights go on at dusk and off at dawn?

Re: Photo Sensor for Mast Lights

Quote Originally Posted by JLR View Post
    I have just replaced my mast lights and quarter board lights with LEDS. Does anyone use or know of a photo sensitive switch that is appropriate for 24v lights and weatherproof so that I can have these lights go on at dusk and off at dawn?
    seems like a good idear but wont they be burning a lot eaven at rest. I know power is not a factor My 52 is 24 volts and it is always a mightmare to find bulbs and sutch. As for a photo sencer seems as and electricall parts house should be able to help as they the sencer is just opens and closes a circuit depending on sun lite.

With the LED's, I am told that they last a very long time and draw very little so with the 24V LED's burning, my guess is the power consumption (albeit conspicuous) will be minimal. However, I am told that these sensors may actually leak voltage during the daytime which would not be good for my project. I only want the lights on when it is dark.

Finally found exactly what I was looking for. 24 volt Aqualarm light Sentry with a three position switch. On/off and automatic . It has a remote sensor and an idiot light to tell you when quarter board lights are on. Now, to install it which will be quite easy. Sure hope it works as advertised.

Thanks Tim. This is what I thought would work perfectly.http://aqualarm.net/security-general...tch-p-118.html