Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Galley Maid Solenoid

I'm wondering if the solenoid used on these pumps can be purchased in an auto parts store, vs trying to order online. I'm just looking to be able to pick it up and install it now as opposed to waiting for it through the mail. Has anyone purchased one at a common auto parts store?

Re: Galley Maid Solenoid

I bought one in an auto parts store in Belhaven NC. Had to have them get it from their warehouse (24volt) and took two days. Have been using it for over a year without any problems.

Re: Galley Maid Solenoid

Quote Originally Posted by johnjen50 View Post
    I'm wondering if the solenoid used on these pumps can be purchased in an auto parts store, vs trying to order online. I'm just looking to be able to pick it up and install it now as opposed to waiting for it through the mail. Has anyone purchased one at a common auto parts store?
    It is an extremely common type of solenoid but anything other than 12V will not likely be at a parts store. If you have to wait for a 24 or 32V, Sams should have them; Raz certainly will.
    Mike P
    San Miguel de Allende, Mexico; Kent Island MD; San Antonio TX
    1980 53MY "Brigadoon"