Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The newest PIZZAZ is home

I am so glad to back in Southeast Florida! The latest version of PIZZAZ cruised home beautifully from Ft. Myers over the weekend. 8 Knots at 2200 RPM. From Ft. Myers I took on 85 gallons at Clewiston. That's real close to mile per gallon economy in spite of 454 gassers. She ran flawlessly. The first thing I did upon arriving home was to have the hard aft deck enclosure removed.
    Attached Images

Re: The newest PIZZAZ is home

More PIX of the destruction process, the re-opened aft deck.
    Attached Images

Is she for sale yet?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

And a couple of interior pix. Freshwater Minnesota boat 'till 2011. In spite of being abandoned for 3 years up the Caloosahatchee River, the physical condition of this one was too nice to pass up under the filth. The project has begun...
    Attached Images

Hi SKYCHENEY
    Very Funny! ...and spot on as usual...

No. Not for sale yet. PIZZAZ gets hauled later this week for Bottom Paint, Prop Reconditioning, New Boot Stripe, Serious Compound and Wax, and anything else it needs. I also need a thru-hull for the new Garmin transducer drilled out and installed. (I have a new Garmin 5208 and Raytheon Autopilot). Before leaving Ft. Myers, I also installed new Raritan Marine Elegance toilets.

The physical condition of this boat was so good to start with, The rest will only involve new salon furnishings, cushions, canvass, and unfortunately, "exterior" cosmetics to make her extra nice. When the boat was neglected, the Florida Sun did such a number on the horizontal gel-coat surfaces and varnish work, she needs to be painted from the rub-rail up, but will be a "new" boat again when done.

Which means I will only spend HALF a gazillion dollars on this one!

Nice find. Can't wait to see the "after" pics.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Good looking boat! I also like it without the back deck treatment.

Best of luck; I know you'll do it right!

DAN

Don't be too quick to paint her. That old Chris Craft gelcoat can come back. I wet sanded my long abused 1985 Chris 315 Commander and when done she looked like she had been painted. Give that a try first.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

How did we miss you?? We left Stuart Saturday at 1pm stopped at indiantown that night and River forest Sunday.

Nice looking Commander, please keep us updated with pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    Don't be too quick to paint her. That old Chris Craft gelcoat can come back. I wet sanded my long abused 1985 Chris 315 Commander and when done she looked like she had been painted. Give that a try first.
    I was wondering about that Eric. What is the process for doing that?