Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Marinco vs. Furrion - 50' 125/250V Shore Power Cord

This item is about $740 at WM and $657 at Defender. However, Defender also offers something called Furrion which sells for $495 And the sales desk guy says that they seldom get returns or complaints on either product. My question is has anybody had good or bad luck with Furrion?
    Thanks,
    Bill
    Capt'n Bill

"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, But people will never forget how you made them feel."

Re: Marinco vs. Furrion - 50' 125/250V Shore Power Cord

Hubbell
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Furrion seems to be a new entry into an over-priced market. I think their headquarters is in Hong Kong, but they have US and European offices; I do not yet have direct experience.

I am a little tempted to try them, but know the quality won't be up to Hubbell or Marinco. On the other hand, they *are* just wire and connectors, and it's really hard to justify the prices of the expensive stuff.

DAN

ive had the cord for 2 years. no issues.
    Jim

SALTY
    1973 38' AFT CABIN

I agree with Scott. Nothing but Hubbell when it comes to 50 amp.

Just bought 2 of these this spring for $224 each delivered (looks like they have gone up a little):

http://www.elecordset.com/moreinfo.a...cord.aspx&ai=M

You can't beat them for the price. They have blue LED on each end. Pretty nice cord IMO.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I've had 2 of them for over 3 years now. Very satisfied and far better than the Marinco IMO. A friend of mine who is a commercial electrical contractor had one on his boat for about 5 years. He lives aboard in the NE so the cord got a good work out. No issues what so ever. I bought a 50A 125V Furion plug to make adapter for when no 250V service is available. Looks well made and not so rediculously over priced
    Jack Sardina

Thanks for the info, all. The price is too good to turn down. It's nice to hear from a satisfied customer. Surprisingly, the Hubbell products are getting more difficult to find online. I spent over an hour searching for a vendor. Could only come up with Paxton (Norfolk and Wilmington, NC) ($770.00) and Grainger Supply ($1,700.00 !!). Evidently the big stores like West and Defender do not carry Hubbell.
    Capt'n Bill

"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, But people will never forget how you made them feel."

Bill,

Here is another source at $515:
    http://www.boatersland.com/hbl50a125v.html

I will probably repair my 75' with new Furrion ends as a trial, and buy one of the High Tide sets.

DAN

That's a great price for a Hubbell cord set
    Jack Sardina