Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

!973 Racor 1000 f

I need to replace the bowls on my I think original Racors. I have two new bowls for the 1000 series but they are too large compared to the old ones in diameter. From what I can see from the internet the bowls from the 500 series may be the proper size. Has any one else had to replace bowls of this vintage, what parts fit or did you just install whole new units.

Thanks
    Walt Hoover

Re: !973 Racor 1000 f

Quote Originally Posted by whoover View Post
    I need to replace the bowls on my I think original Racors. I have two new bowls for the 1000 series but they are too large compared to the old ones in diameter. From what I can see from the internet the bowls from the 500 series may be the proper size. Has any one else had to replace bowls of this vintage, what parts fit or did you just install whole new units.

Thanks
    Walt Hoover
    Your originals may not be 1000s. Could be 900s. Post a pic and look for a label on the units. Racor 500's would be very small for anything other than a generator or sail boat engine.
    Jack Sardina