Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tool Bags

Tool Bags

I have tried several tool bags for various purposes, over the years. So for grins, I did some good ole' Googling on tool bags. One brand had constant high marks called 'Veto'. Cheap they are not, but they have a 5 year 'no down time' guarantee, and they are very heavy duty and they don't fall over and spill all your tools, when opened and un-attended.

So I chose the Veto Pro-Pac unit, zips up on both sides, and hold all forms of tools: VOM's, wrenches, screwdrivers, various other tools. Bag must weigh 25#'s with all the stuff I have in there. Quoted price is about $200, but I found a supplier at about $125.

I know an AWP, etc., works, but its 'fun' to have a real pro type tool bag. Next I have to check out another of their bags for bigger, clunkier stuff, hammers, wrecking bars, clamps, etc.
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

Re: Tool Bags

I'm a snap on fan
    Attached Images
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

1984, not today. Amazing how tool co. calenders with attractive girls became offensive.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Trying to picture that trio in their early 50's…just not the same.
    Searching...
    Daytona Beach, FL

Yep, many in Corporate America received the memo...no posting of calendars in the workplace... Considered maintaining a "hostile" work environment. The EEOC stands ready to protect....I can sleep at night now!

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    1984, not today. Amazing how tool co. calenders with attractive girls became offensive.
    Offensive to who?

No one made you buy the tools or the calendars. Like no one makes you drink or gamble but some people believe having the choice is evel.

Are we no longer allowed to have beautiful young woman on our boats?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Again you missed the boat.
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

My battery supplier has the proper calanders behind the counter and you have to request them.
    I get my BIL one and the other hangs in my shop proudly displayed.
    When my Wife comes to the shop she just laughs and says " like you got a chance"

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post

Are we no longer allowed to have beautiful young woman on our boats?
    Read the last line in post #8
    Last edited by saltshaker; 07-27-2014 at 09:27 AM.
    Jack Sardina

This post has me chuckling- seriously though (well not too serious) the most frequent use of a tool bag I've seen is my friend at the marina who comes down the dock with his tool bag filled with a nice assortment of beers. It gets good use at the picnic table. Creative application I thought!

Cheryl
    Cinderella
    1971 53 MY