Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Re: 53c like no other

Sounds like a long term labor of love.

I was in captain Mikes ER on his 53c with the qsm11s and also Taylor made a 53 with 892s and couldn't believe how much more space it opened up.

While I hear all the talk of the 52c I seem to think the 53 is so much larger and when modernized becomes a hard to beat boat.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

It certainly was a long labor of love. I bought her in mid-2005, splashed her in late-2007, landed my first fish in spring 2008. I was swinging on the hook in winter 2008 down in the Keys when I realized I didn't want an island in the salon, that I loved the space...so I split the galley with wet and cold down and kept the pantry and cooking up. Instead of cabinetry below the upper-galley counter, I cut in MSR windows below and added a one-way mirror. IMG00052-20100623-1306.jpg

I am not a convertible guy but what a great project! Well done!!!!

Thank you. I've realized that the vast majority of my photos were all taken during the course of the work, and very few of the actual finished product. I'll have to get on that.

We've come a very long way together...not really certain I want to pull the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by rtrafford View Post
    Thank you. I've realized that the vast majority of my photos were all taken during the course of the work, and very few of the actual finished product. I'll have to get on that.

We've come a very long way together...not really certain I want to pull the trigger.
    That's a tough call. The boat will be worth more to you than what she will sell for and you won't be able to replace her.
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Sounds like a long term labor of love.

I was in captain Mikes ER on his 53c with the qsm11s and also Taylor made a 53 with 892s and couldn't believe how much more space it opened up.

While I hear all the talk of the 52c I seem to think the 53 is so much larger and when modernized becomes a hard to beat boat.
    The 53 is easily the best boat I've owned or operated. It really is a terrific hull.

Wow...!
    You did what I dream about doing, having the means and the time.... You did an awesome job, it definitely is a dream boat and and with all do respect, if you can...DON'T SELL!!! I know the feeling of selling the boat you like, bigger and shinier won't replace the one you love, if you can, I would keep her.
    But that's just me Great pictures, she's gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.
    Larry.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry B. View Post
    Wow...!
    You did what I dream about doing, having the means and the time.... You did an awesome job, it definitely is a dream boat and and with all do respect, if you can...DON'T SELL!!! I know the feeling of selling the boat you like, bigger and shinier won't replace the one you love, if you can, I would keep her.
    But that's just me Great pictures, she's gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.
    Larry.
    Thank you, Larry. This is exactly what I am struggling with...challenged with this absolutely fantastic 53c versus more room, more comfort, more livability of a MY in the 60's.

Quote Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
    That's a tough call. The boat will be worth more to you than what she will sell for and you won't be able to replace her.
    I'm afraid of this very thing, Jack. I think I came to the forum with these thoughts for therapy rather than to find a buyer. I'm really uncertain as to my desire to find a buyer......

Quote Originally Posted by rtrafford View Post
    Thank you, Larry. This is exactly what I am struggling with...challenged with this absolutely fantastic 53c versus more room, more comfort, more livability of a MY in the 60's.
    Not a MY over that beautiful SF! I figured you were looking to move up to a newer 60-70ft Hatt SF. Look at some of them and you may find a happy medium
    Jack Sardina