Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Re: 53c like no other

Tony, post photos of your 45C. I don't want to buy it, I just want to look at it and drool.

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    You need to find an overseas buyer.
    Don't know why. I know several who will finance. Likely would hold some paper myself. She's the best on the water in her class, and I don't think brokers understand what it is about her that makes her special, impossible to duplicate. Order takers.

Hell, I'm not even asking for her scrap price...but I couldn't stomach scrapping her.

Quote Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
    You guys are brutal! Hope you find the right buyer soon
    Thanks, Jack. I hate knowing that she's sitting under the shed, not being used. So busy that I've completely missed a season up north, so winter down south may be in order. She's truly an amazing boat. So solid, clean, balanced.

Great looking 53C, that hull color is stunning. Think I remember the hull being solid fiberglass. Is the topside cored?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Great looking 53C, that hull color is stunning. Think I remember the hull being solid fiberglass. Is the topside cored?
    Hull is solid. Bulkheads all 1.5" fully glassed marine ply including intermediates and glass to hull carried out 18", stringers all upgraded from original. Cockpit significantly reinforced from original, and deck support structure upgraded. Main deck is original cored balsa, excellent condition. Engine access through mezzanine allows strong quiet lightweight cabin sole combination of glassed nidacore, dense rubber matting, solid mahogany floor.

Dry weight was dropped from 61k to 50k with lower center of gravity from original. Quick, nimble, quiet. But an ice breaker, too.

Last couple boat shows I went to English was def the second language. Even Polarizes sold his 45 to a foreign buyer.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Tony, post photos of your 45C. I don't want to buy it, I just want to look at it and drool.
    Thanks Jim, I really don't want to sell it either, so at least we're on the same page. As far as pictures I'll see what I have. That being said I did post some under my Exuma trip and there were a few added to my profile.

Tony

I’ve been admiring your old boat for quite some time. Wound up buying a 52 c with no regrets but always admired that boat. Think she’s been listed now for about two or three months.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Horse View Post
    I’ve been admiring your old boat for quite some time. Wound up buying a 52 c with no regrets but always admired that boat. Think she’s been listed now for about two or three months.
    I believe she's under contract. Surveyor called me last week with questions regarding the rebuild, tanks, transfer pumps, etc..