Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Re: 53c like no other

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    Sweetie wants a 53MY or larger..... And if sweetie likes the boat she'll come with me.
    oh, trust me, I know that formula too well...it's the reason for my decision.

Oh, and she wants a king. Get out the sawzall.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    Oh, and she wants a king. Get out the sawzall.

The 53c has a king...and a queen...just sayin'...no sawzall required!

You might want to check out the 50MY Felicity. For sale on this forum. www.50hatteras.blogspot.com
    Same layout as the 53. I have seen her on the outside, price seems reasonable. Plus she has a queen bed! All the 53MY's extra length is in the clipper bow, an attempt to make her a drier boat. Didn't work. Check her out.
    Jim Grove, Fanfare 1966 50MY Hull #22 (Delivered Jan. 7, 1966)

"LIFE IS JUST ONE DAMNED THING AFTER ANOTHER." Frank Ward O'Malley, Journalist, Playwright 1875-1932

Quote Originally Posted by Fanfare View Post
    You might want to check out the 50MY Felicity. For sale on this forum. www.50hatteras.blogspot.com
    Same layout as the 53. I have seen her on the outside, price seems reasonable. Plus she has a queen bed! All the 53MY's extra length is in the clipper bow, an attempt to make her a drier boat. Didn't work. Check her out.
    She's on the list.....
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

She's at the yard in Lauderdale for new paint, top to bottom. Matterhorn white topsides, stone gray metallic hull. She should be 100% by the end of January.
    Last edited by rtrafford; 01-10-2016 at 03:46 PM.

Btw, relative to the bottom paint decision, 5 months of no growth at all, easy cruise south was at 1850, running 21 knots, burning 46 gallons per hour. This was a significant improvement both in growth as well as vessel speed and efficiency as compared to my trip north when 1850 brought me 19.5 knots and 54 gallons. Top speed was up to 28 knots at 65 gallons as opposed to 25.5 knots at 72.

She's on the hard for the overall paint now, and when time to splash we'll simply quick sand her with 350 grit to burnish the copper. It was a very good decision, that copper epoxy coating. This hull loves the hard finish as opposed to the ablative, and the barnacles don't like the copper. She's an easy, soft ride in any conditions.
    Last edited by rtrafford; 01-10-2016 at 03:47 PM.

Coming out of the booth this week...
    IMG_3167.jpg
    Attached Images

Waiting to see how she looks in the water. I would have never thought of Grey as a hull color until now. Slick looking paint job.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Waiting to see how she looks in the water. I would have never thought of Grey as a hull color until now. Slick looking paint job.
    I hope she's uncovered in the next couple of days with all of the tape etc removed so I can have a long view. The shrink wrap tent provides reflections that look like imperfections, but she's slick. No peel. Several coats of top coat plus clear. I'm amazed...and I knew Chi was good, but this...wow, I don't want to sell her!