Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Re: 53c like no other

Quote Originally Posted by rtrafford View Post
    5 years 5 months on 3 coats of micron 66. At about 6 months before this it started fouling.

Almost 1 year before was the last good Cleaning
    Attached Images
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Yes, I had about the same type of growth on 2 years of the Cukote, a few less barnacles, more grass carpet.

You don't have the deep keel and soft chine...so that little bit of growth kills the 53c, steals 2-3 knots in a hurry.

The Cukote didn't work for me in SoFla, and it isn't working well in Long Island Sound.

KIMG02031.jpg

Added a bit of cup in anticipation of improved performance.

Micron works well up here. Micron CSC or Extra are good. Micron 66 is best unless you are in brackish or fresh water.
    Jack Sardina

KIMG02051.jpg

Cleaning up nicely...

Sea trial after the haul, speed is back and she is topping at 28 knots, cruising at 24. I haven't seen that speed since the last haul, the last paint.

Off with the SeaHawk ablative, and on with the copper epoxy coating. Hard and smooth bottom is noticeably quicker through the water. The electronic engines are much more rapid to respond and dial up the turbo's. Terrific feeling to rediscover that performance.

Now let's see if this stuff retards the growth like it's reported to do. I feel like my downside is to simply haul again and coat with another bottom paint if it doesn't persuade the growth to go find another boat.

What a good feeling. Now need to provision and make another trip...

She's back in Florida. Two contracts cancelled due to inability of buyer's cash to materialize, another contract cancelled due to family health crisis...still looking for that real buyer to materialize.

Brought her back south, and headed to the paint barn. What a great boat, and what a great trip down....

Wish a C was what I was after.....
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    Wish a C was what I was after.....
    Very big part of me wishes I wasn't selling her. She is an incredible woman.

Quote Originally Posted by rtrafford View Post
    Very big part of me wishes I wasn't selling her. She is an incredible woman.
    Sweetie wants a 53MY or larger..... And if sweetie likes the boat she'll come with me.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay