Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Re: 53c like no other

Quote Originally Posted by rtrafford View Post
    Can bridge ladders like this be bought off the shelf somewhere? An easier and safer ladder would probably double its cost on resale. Moreover, it would be worth its weight in gold in producing fewer complaints from the wife.

Something like this, with a beefy railing, would work as well:

Last edited by JuiceClark; 01-03-2021 at 07:29 PM.

That's going to be a custom item unless you can find a used or boat builder over run that will fit what you need dimension wise.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
    That's going to be a custom item unless you can find a used or boat builder over run that will fit what you need dimension wise.
    I guess I'll have to find a used one - which seems impossible. It would be pretty easy to modify one to fit, but building one from scratch is way beyond my talents.

There's gotta be someone in FL making beauties like this. He'd make a pretty penny.

https://southernstainless.com.au/boa...stairs-ladder/

I seem too recall that I found mine at Sam's, a custom make by Hatteras for a much larger boat. My fabricator had to make mods, but the hard work was done. Check with Sam's and see what they can advise...

Hot Shot welding in Clearwater Fl makes all types of custom stairways.
    They are true artists in architectural designs. And charge $$ for their talent.

I’ve seen used ones at sailor man in lauderdale. You can try Marine liquidators in Ft Pierce also. Ask for Ronnie
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

I had never seen this thread, and now I wish I hadn't. It makes me question the price and condition of ever boat I had an interest in. It's amazing how the prices of these old girls has increased over the last couple of years. If only I had a crystal ball to now what will happen over the next couple of years.
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's