Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
    Images

Paint work hatteras du pont paint

I am doing some paint work the color in my owner manuel is du pont white/white 92635 u
    Going to use awlgrip or awl craft paint . There are lots of different close colors . Has anyone had good luck matching the color and what is the conversion. From the DuPont to the awlgrip?

It looks close to fleet white and insignia white.

My boat is 1990 58 c

Re: Paint work hatteras du pont paint

I took a panel from my flybridge into a marine/automotive paint company in Stuart and they matched my Imron in Awlgrip. Color is right on but the gloss level is higher with the Awlgrip. From a few feet away, it is very hard to see the difference. I think I paid about $85 for a quart of the paint. This link may be helpful: http://www.awlgrip.com/products/awlm...al-colors.aspx

Images

Was there any numbers or color code on the can of paint you got?

Yes, it is labelled "Moor to Life white". Doesn't help you much but they know the formula to match mine! I do have the Imron White/White 92635U like yours. If you are near Stuart, I picked the paint up at the mixer but ordered it through Chapman Marine Supply. Rob Chapman is a great guy to work with and I do recommend them highly.

Images

Cool Re: Paint work hatteras du pont paint

Bought the insignia it is a perfect match if some one out there is painting there boat