Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Group projest Anyone?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Ocean-A...=Fishing_Boats I wonder if they sunk her at the dock.

Re: Group projest Anyone?

A friend of mine bought a boat in similar circumstances- a 44 DeFever that had caught fire and burned on the deck of a freighter when it was coming to Baltimore as a new boat. Someone was welding up above the boat and the molten slag fell through the shrinkwrap on the DeFever and the upper deck burned. He bought it for 30-40K I think, I don't recall exactly. It had no hours on it.

He cut the top deck off and rebuilt the entire boat. It came out beautifully and much of the interior is done to a higher standard than DeFever, but it took him three years and a great deal of effort. The boat in the ad looks like a good deal if it wasn't sunk or flooded by fire control efforts. I think the value is in the machinery if it stayed dry, and not in the boat itself.

As to a group project, which group did you have in mind? LOL

By the time all the armchair cinos got their $.02 in it would be a total disaster.

No you can not veneer over duct tape.

You can not use cpvc for fuel lines.

No you do not use a solar panel and batteries to power the bilge pumps.

Best buy does not sell navigational electronics.

Ebay is not a place to buy materials.

Don't sell the motors and put in 100 HP sail drives.

That is not a project for the locked wallet boaters.

Expect to spend almost as much as what it cost new to do it right.

Just like that 58c. Doing it right may cost more than it will be worth.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

No thanks, not for any price or even free. There is no fixing that.

Those engines are around 500K for the pair so I'd be willing to bet they're shot too. I doubt it's worth anything more than scrap
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    As to a group project, which group did you have in mind? LOL
    100 of us put up 20k each, give Bruce Morrison a share of the profits and send him to Wa. to oversee the rebuild and sell it in 2 years for 4+ million...

Images

The guy who bought the 58c for a steal with the one blown 16 v should buy it for the engines salvage the rest for 35 k . Install the engines in the hatteras , a 58 c with thoughs engines would be worth over 500G . Just a thought
    50 k plus 150k for engines shipping and install 200 G not a bad investment . I have been offered over 350 for my 58 c with the 16v's

ARE YOU KIDDING??? How about this basic rule? Restoration? Maybe. Resurrection? NOT A CHANCE! History follows every boat. It's only worth 10% of it's remaining salvageable parts. Which sure as heck doesn't add up to 90 grand.