Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1992 82c hookem

Images

1992 82c hookem

Saw the boat on YouTube years ago wondering if anyone has seen her out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1bVD...e_gdata_player

hatteras at its best!

Re: 1992 82c hookem

Damn that's impressive!

Having a head on the bridge really shows off the size of that thing. The only hope I'd have of ever having anything like that would depend too much on wind direction.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Saw that boat at Pier 66 back in Aug '11. There was another 82 docked right next to it. Made my 65 look like a row boat.
    Jack Sardina

I've run a few of the 82', 86' Convertibles and it's a HUGE 80' ft. I Love the Layout with the seperate Crew Quarters/Storage and Work area depending on owner setup. I also Love the aft deck, not only is it a great place to hang out in the marina but while fishing it gives the crew an elevated shaded area to watch the baits. The only problem I have ever had with this boat is the Draft of 6+ Feet. I believe that if Hatteras built this same boat now along with a shrunk down version to about 70 to 75ft both with a 5ft draft and a 30+knot cruise speed they wouldn't be able to keep up with the demand. Offer it with an Enclosed, Open bridge or a Sky Bridge on top of an Enclosed Bridge for the best of both worlds and people will buy. Just like the old 58YF which was one of Hatteras best all time in sales, plus still in high demand today, this would just be a more modern design with a flush bow deck instead of the forward window.

If I ever could figure out away afford it, this boat with a 5ft draft would be my dream boat to travel on. A BIG Fishing Yacht, all the comforts of a MY with the speed, handling, and fish ability of a world class Sportfish.

Tony