Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: Anyone know this 42' CMY in F. Lauderdale?

Its great that she has the 3208's. Some of those had 3126's. eeeek.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Hi Passages.

If you are serious about life on board, your "Admiral" is absolutely correct with choosing an Aft-Cabin Motor Yacht over every other design. Motor Yachts are totally about creating a most home-like environment. With or without a cockpit, I think they are a most sensible model choice. A flush deck is a plus. A washer/dryer is a MUST. And remember, at 8 knots, nothing breaks...and EVERYTHING has the fuel economy of a trawler!

I've taken notice this particular 42 Hatteras Cockpit Motor Yacht for a while. I haven't seen her, but she's the best priced of her kind relative to the market right now.

Do yourself a favor, and look at several different motor yacht models. Each will offer different features. When one particular model fits just right, then you go shopping the best one. The hunt is a wonderful adventure.

looks like the master is in the v which may make for noisy sleeping on the hook due to wave slap, worth checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by captddis View Post
    The draft is accurate.
    Must be one heck of a keel or a whole bunch of deadrise... or both. Would have never expected a draft of almost five feet. I've never seen one on the hard
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Must be one heck of a keel or a whole bunch of deadrise... or both. Would have never expected a draft of almost five feet. I've never seen one on the hard
    The 40DC was built on a stretched 38C hull. The 38c Came from the 36C series II. The series II 36 had prop pockets that were filled in on the 38C. The 38C was deep and When they made the 40DC they extended the shafts which made it deeper yet . Add to that some of them had the huge Radice props and you get the big draft. I am not sure on the 42 if the shafts were extended or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Dennis View Post
    looks like the master is in the v which may make for noisy sleeping on the hook due to wave slap, worth checking out.
    Nope, aft stateroom with the headboard at a 45 which is why it looks like a V.

3208, maybe the best engine Caterpillar ever built for marine use.

These are nice boats, but I've only been on one of them. Where would you put the washer and dryer- it must have been a factory option, too, but I am curious as to where they put it.

This looks like a nice example, and the price isn't outrageous.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post

These are nice boats, but I've only been on one of them. Where would you put the washer and dryer- it must have been a factory option, too, but I am curious as to where they put it.

This looks like a nice example, and the price isn't outrageous.
    Closet in the aft cabin.

Not surprised to see the draft. My 1995 39 Express has 4'8" and if i recall the keel was as deep or deeper than my 32" wheels. Deep boats for that length were the hatts in that size range.
    (formerly Nor'easter 1995 39 Hatt SX)

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    So should we be concerned with them at 1550 hours?