Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Re: Good Deal??? 1990 58C

"Port engine is said to be running fine and the owner says he would change fluid and filters, check hoses and pumps then would feel good about a long trip on the port motor solely if needed for relocation."

That's got my name written all over it.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by foleyjt View Post
    She's on eBay now, 4 days remaining. Seller has removed the reserve and current bid is $45,100.
    Uh oh, here we go again.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

This thread has drama and adventure written all over it.

www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by Passages View Post
    This thread has drama and adventure written all over it.
    Jim I can see you in a real cockpit boat.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Jim I can see you in a real cockpit boat.
    That 58 is HUGE. Cockpit and ER are not much smaller than that of the 65C.
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by capttonyf View Post
    Does anyone know this boat and it's current condition? If the overall condition is good and the only major problem is a Clapped out motor this may have the potential of being a Great Deal for someone. The 65C is a better, shallower boat with the same operating costs but if this boat can be purchased for $50,000 and you put $100,000 into a rebuilt motor and misc updates you may have something here. The listing even states it has $50K in motor parts that come with it. Hope this helps someone out.

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1990.../United-States

Tony.
    All you guys keep talking about this 58c and its price there is anotherone for less than 200 offered. Why not just purchase thart one. Its running!! By the time you finish with that 16 cylender beast it will cost you a 50000 $ and you still got one with high hours. If you going to fish it and run it the way it was intended i bet at cruse it burns beteen 70 to 90 gallons a hour. I do not have any idear of speed but you can bet it wont keep up with others in its class of today.
    I have just finished a 52c and i tell you what ever you think you going to spend double it. Now if that does not cool you down then go for it. I belive i would do what Jack said put new engines in it
    but you better like it cause you going to keep it a while.
    REMEMBER this is a as is boat you still got all the operating systems to worry with AIR OR COOLING STEARING ELECTRONICS AND THE BIG ONE COSMEDICS GOOD LUCK. Baised on the 52 i just finished i can see 300 easely spent if you doo it 3/4 right. Chew on that. Its the rest of the story, The 58c is huge keel is at least 4 feet and it draws what at least 5.5 feet the cock pit is square dancable. Whash that tower no thanks it probley 30 feet in the air, Look twice and think three times. 400 thousand in a 58 c not me.
    Last edited by Tim Powell; 07-07-2014 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tIM pOWELL View Post
    All you guys keep talking about this 58c and its price there is anotherone for less than 200 offered. Why not just purchase thart one. Its running!! By the time you finish with that 16 cylender beast it will cost you a 50000 $ and you still got one with high hours. If you going to fish it and run it the way it was intended i bet at cruse it burns beteen 70 to 90 gallons a hour. I do not have any idear of speed but you can bet it wont keep up with others in its class of today.
    I have just finished a 52c and i tell you what ever you think you going to spend double it. Now if that does not cool you down then go for it. I belive i would do what Jack said put new engines in it
    but you better like it cause you going to keep it a while.
    REMEMBER this is a as is boat you still got all the operating systems to worry with AIR OR COOLING STEARING ELECTRONICS AND THE BIG ONE COSMEDICS GOOD LUCK. Baised on the 52 i just finished i can see 300 easely spent if you doo it 3/4 right. Chew on that. Its the rest of the story, The 58c is huge keel is at least 4 feet and it draws what at least 5.5 feet the cock pit is square dancable. Whash that tower no thanks it probley 30 feet in the air, Look twice and think three times. 400 thousand in a 58 c not me.
    The boat may be a good deal If the rest of it is good. The other 58C for 200K is decent. She had over 1000 hours on her when I was looking 3 years ago. Boat was fair but needed some updating. If this boat is nice and the rest of the engine is good then I think she's a good deal. If the parts are all or mostly there for the rebuild and the other engine is good then you may get her running for 25K-35K depending on what's needed to get the engine out. 50K for the purchase and you're into the boat for well under 100K. If the rest of the boat is good that leaves a fair amount of room for upgrades. $200K for an updated 58C with a fresh engine isn't bad. Like I said before, the very clean, updated one I was looking at needed very little except that one engine was tired and she sorely needed a bottom job due to excessive paint build up. That boat sold just over $180K when things were a bit worse than they are now. That boat has since resold for around $260K and next to nothing was done to her.
    Jack Sardina

If someone needs or wants a 58 convertible, or something in that size class, is the 58 Hatteras the best one out there? I don't know a lot about what was offered in this size boat. Biggest boat I ever had was 48 feet.