Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

AllCraft Water Heaters.

In our 45 we have an AllCraft VR-20 Stainless Steel Electric Water Heater and the element just went bad. It's a 240Volt square bolt in type and the company is in West Newton MA. Does anyone know if there is a dealer or pluming supply company in Fort Lauderdale that might sell parts for these? It would be easier than trying to have one shipped because I need it by next Wednesday.

Thanks

Tony

Re: AllCraft Water Heaters.

I'm not directly familiar with the unit you have. However most water heaters, marine or not, use very common parts. Just take your existing element to a plumbing supply and they will give you a replacement without much trouble.

Btw, is allcraft still in business?

Quote Originally Posted by bostonhatteras View Post
    Btw, is allcraft still in business?
    Nope, they are no longer in business. I just found an old dealer of their's in California, and they had one left so I bought it and they're mailing it to me. The problem with the element I needed was it was an odd, square 4 bolt, flange type, and not the common screw in type. The dealer said some people have been machining a bolt on flange with threads so they can use the normal screw in type elements. I just didn't have the time to have a custom flang made with us leaving on a trip next week. I guess now if this new element ever fails I'll know what I have to do.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by capttonyf View Post
    Nope, they are no longer in business. I just found an old dealer of their's in California, and they had one left so I bought it and they're mailing it to me. The problem with the element I needed was it was an odd, square 4 bolt, flange type, and not the common screw in type. The dealer said some people have been machining a bolt on flange with threads so they can use the normal screw in type elements. I just didn't have the time to have a custom flang made with us leaving on a trip next week. I guess now if this new element ever fails I'll know what I have to do.

Tony
    If you have it made ahead of time so your prepared it will never Fail
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

My local plumbing supply house sold me an adapter to convert the four bolt element to the round screw in one/. I believe it was like two dollars

Art
    Trouble
    43DCFB DC-306
    AYC NY