Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Re: 1988 65C Sport Fish

Krush, The draft is for sure 5'4" with full tanks, you can use the water line as a fuel gauge. 20 foot is close and would work 22 would be perfect.
    When I first got Outrageous I was scared to death of maneuvering such a big boat. Before I ever left the dock I had a conversation with Jack Saltshaker. Jack told me to "relax", he said the boat handles much easier then the 40 that I had in the past. Jack really knows what he is talking about. People think it's hard to maneuver and watch me in and out of unbelievable tight areas. I get high fives and way to goes all the time. Got to laugh, this is the easiest best maneuvering boat I've ever handled. With the big 5 blade wheels and all the torque I can walk this thing anywhere.

I admire the fact you do all the work yourself as I would. Would be a hell of a learning curve but I'll dive into pretty much anything after staying at a holiday inn and watching you tube lol.

It's true, bigger boats are easier to handle in that things happen less quickly. And your own boat is always easier than someone else's. I've had some white-knuckle moments running other people's boats. Fortunately no collisions.

Outragious
    You may try Hatteras for sale by owner I do not know the deal there but there are some nice ones listed. When yours came on the market i kinda thought about flying up to take a look. I looked at the up keep of mine and kinda doubled it. I decided i would stay where i am. Its i a grate boat with some good history of owners. It is just that i can use my 52 for about 1/2 of your cost so i stayed where i am. My wife would have killed me!!! I feel your pain took me a year to sell my 45c wond up giving it away but i was sick of it or at least the engines...