Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WANTED 38 1971 model Hatteras "Double Cabin" and Whaler

Hi Y'all

A "truly cool" older Hatteras model that always turned my head, was the 38 "Double Cabin" model produced from 1967 thru 1971. There was just something about it...

Even more interesting is that Hatteras always referred to the model as the 38 Double Cabin, in spite of the fact it featured 3 Staterooms! V-Berth, Upper and Lower, and the Master Stateroom aft. (I already know about the 2 rough ones on Yachtworld). Anyone know anyone who might own a pristine 1971 model with the sliding glass side windows at the helm? (Model Specific).

I could be talked into one of those... Is there even one out there?

Also, I have a friend looking for a Great Lakes "Fresh Water Only" nice clean Boston Whaler. 15-16-17 or model year doesn't matter as much as Condition Does. Fair Price.

Re: WANTED 38 1971 model Hatteras "Double Cabin" and Whaler

There's only 3 of them in the doc records as being 1970 or 1971 and one of those is in Ca. Looks like they didn't build very many.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Thanks Sea Eric.

It such a shame because it's such a unique model, squeezed into a good looking boat. Same for the 1970 and 71 Hatteras 31 Express Cruiser. Both models get my admiration and a smile.

They are unique and a lot of boat in a small package, but they are NOT fast with the gas or the diesels offered. Did Hatt ever offer the 41 in a 3 stateroom layout? Or for that matter the 43?

Eric

There was a 3 stateroom 43 AFAIK. Its pretty much the same layout as the 38. I think I saw one at some point.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Yes on the 43. I owned two 43's, one was a double cabin 1973 model many years ago and the second was a 1982 triple cabin. Yes guys it was still called a DC even though it had 3 seperate cabins. Actually the mid cabin was a waste and was opened up and made into a nice large dinette. The galley was on the port side directly across from the new dinette. The galley was also sort of "mid level" and I did a dinette table/counter which served as a great breakfast/lunch place with the two bar stools which gave us a great view from the cabin port side windows. I don't know how many tri cabin 43's were actually built, but we loved it.

Walter P
    Guppy, 1982 48' MY

I remember seeing the 3 stateroom 43DC at a boat show when it came out. After living on a 1975 43DC with only two staterooms and no dinette, this 3 stateroom model was not for me. It looked as if there was a big teak cargo box set inside the salon. That box was the third stateroom.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I've got a 75' 31 sport cruiser for sale if interested. Just had two BRAND NEW 454's put in her. Boat is in great condition inside and out
    "Honey, can I have a check?"

1991 Sea Ray 370 Sedan Bridge
    1975 Hatteras 31 Sport Cruiser (sold)
    1971 Hatteras 38 Convertible (sold)
    1987 Viking 35 Convertible (sold )
    2004 21' Palm Beach CC
    3 tugs and a skiff

Thanks Capt Scott TC

The 31 sport cruiser was a wonderful Hatteras model. I finally bought something last week. Thanks for your reply.

Don't keep us in suspense. What did you end up buying?