Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Curise Air Problem

Opened the boat today. Problem with the Cruise Air System. I have Two Raw water pumps. One serving the Salon and Guest Bedroom. The other services the Master BR , Galley, Bow BR. These do not turn on the pump when any one of the systems call for heat. The pump is fine. I changed one of the triggers - nothing. Replace one the Honeywell thermosats - nothing. Fuse is OK at the control box. Have 240v line in at the control box. No 240v to pump. The thermostats work fine with the fans running . When calling for heat the compressor do not come on either. Any Thoughts. Thanks Russ

Re: Curise Air Problem

when you say you opened the boat do you mean you are commissioning it for the season

Yes,for the season.

had a similar problem with mine sometimes air gets hung up in the system. crack the sea strainer open with the ball valve open when water comes out tighten back down. then turn the system on and loosen the hose clamps at the pump to bleed any air out there you may have to wedge a screwdriver into the hose to let the air and water out because its a tight fit. once I did this with mine I got heat. hope this helps

have you checked the main breaker for the a/c pump? not sure if your boat has one but my boat has a breaker specific to the a/c pump

Yes, Have power to control box - can not get the relay trigger to pull power to the pump 240v out of the control panel.

May sound like a silly question, what happens when you call for a/c functions calling for cool air?

The trigger is but a small part of the circuitry, it is basically a switch circuit used to trigger the triac to turn on the pump motor. Several other signals are required before the trigger circuit will fire.

Bad Triac?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI