Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Department of Kudos

I need to send one out to Mako Marine in Freeport N.Y

Memorial day weekend Saturday a few miles from Montauk inlet I had a alarm go off on my port Cummins 330 B turned out the Idler pulley failed and came apart. First phone call not in Stock, second place closed a 1pm it was 12:55 third called Mako Marine. Nice polite guy named Paul asked for some info #s yup we have two of them, I said send both gave info. By the time I was tied up he called back with tracking # Tuesday 12:15 got my box by 1 pm up and going came home on two in under 2 hrs instead of 6 + hrs I will now try them First for now on!
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Another one to add to the list: Max Marine in Pompano Beach. I bought the M7 from him on an Ebay auction but went to his shop to pick it up. They have slews of electronics and are getting into Satellite gear in a bigger way. They bench test everything they sell and do repairs as well. Max told me they are moving toward a better brick and mortar presence.

I am using Coral Reef Electronics in Stuart for the dome install. They have just started but I have been impressed by Patrick's work so far. Tom Chamberlin, the owner, responds promptly and follows through very well. I'll update after they finish.

2nd the Max Marine Kudo. I bought a Furuno radar system from him off eBay in the spring and
    drove down to pick it up. Max is a good guy and surprisingly honest. Called him this summer
    regarding a chart for a Garmin unit I had and while he was not able to help, he called back
    immediately and lead me in the right direction. As far as I know, right now he is primarily using
    eBay to market his goods, but I'd not hesitate to call him if I was looking for something.

Quote Originally Posted by tIM pOWELL View Post
    thanks jim all this should be a special place on the site so if we need help far from home we can look. Hope site operators will make a special heading
    I will work with Doug Langly to see if we can establish a dept of kudos section, if possible in memory of fallen comrades.

What I would want to avoid is bickering over someone's credentials to be included in the list.

Craig was a great guy and helped many, he will be missed.

We all need to remember our SAMS benefactors, Steve, Doug, Ed, Jeremy and the rest of the crew for being there for us and all of their advice and support.