Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

53MY Classic For Sale

Top Hatt and Tails has been a wonderful vessel. Numerous upgrades, recent improvements, total refit, strong machinery (including a brand new Kohler genset being installed as we speak), the list goes on and on. Many of our brethren here on the forum, some we have met, others not yet, have known of her and assisted with some troubleshooting! Thank you!

For those of you interested in making a move, Top Hatt and Tails has been a fresh water boat since delivery in April of 1980! She has been loved with an open check book and reflects that ideal. She is ready to travel and is turn key.

Listing: http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1980...s#.Uz3yMie9KSM
    Formally Top Hatt and Tails
    1980 53MY

Re: 53MY Classic For Sale

I haven't seen this boat in person, but based on what the Captain sent me earlier this year, the yacht is absolutely stunning.

Someone who knows the value of these meticulously restored yachts will not hesitate to make an offer.

You will not get the same value from a brand new 53 foot boat if it was still being produced.

Where did those stunning chromed heat exchangers come from? I'm quite jealous! Very nice vessel, especially the décor and black heads. tastefully done. Good luck selling her.

Some previous owner must have owned a plating shop
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Wow! She is a stunningly beautiful yacht.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Beautiful 53! I feel we need to ask, what's next after owning such a fantastic boat?
    Nightingale - 1984 Hatteras 56 Motor Yacht

Thanks for the kind words! I have tracked down the previous two owners (both are in the Detroit area). The first owner has a machine shop where they make the ivory inlays for various guitar manufacturers (aiming other things I would guess). Actually made the inlays for Gibson and BB Kings Lucille. He bought the boat new from "then" Toledo Beach Yacht Sales (which is still around). He may have caused the chrome package to be installed. I never had the opportunity to discuss with the second owner what he did for a living, whom I purchased from.

The next boat... That's a great question! Not quite sure. Been looking at sportfish and down east designs. We'll see what is available once this beloved girl finds her next mooring.
    1980 53MY

Price reduced!!! $299,000 never, ever seen salt water. Total refit complete.

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1980...s#.U5rWg9q9KSM
    1980 53MY

Just reduced to $279k. New genny, ice maker is pumping out fresh cubes, boat is "Loop ready".

Link: http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1980...s#.U_MoMGK9KSM
    1980 53MY

Be Patient TOPHATT AND TAILS! Be Patient.

When I had dropped the price on my 58 Hatteras a year and a half ago, it still took 3 months before the first "looker" showed up. So many boats are in disrepair, there is a "mindset" that has developed, where the price of a near perfect 53, should be the same as any level of a rougher 53, between $0 and $100,000. That's not the case.

Condition Value is difficult to pinpoint, because everyone has a different eye for "pristine". And from every report I've heard about your boat, along with it's freshwater only history, a smart buyer will eventually step up to the plate. It's priced exactly where it should be, to be a true bargain for the buyer.

What some brokers fail to do, is to at least "show" a boat like yours to a buyer who is seeking something else. Motor Yacht or Trawler. A pristine 53 is better overall buy and a more functional boat than anything else out there in today's dollars. Any qualified buyer smart enough to appreciate real quality, understands what "pristine" is, and the value in turning the key and enjoying, will come along.