Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Boat purchase butterflies...

So, I am on my way to the east coast to check out a 53MY we put an offer on in late January. Sea trial on Thursday. Preliminary info from surveyor is positive. Present owner is correcting any minor deficiencies along the way.

All looks good, so far.

This is our second Hatteras. Why is my tummy fluttering =D?

Re: Boat purchase butterflies...

Quote Originally Posted by tjshuler View Post
    So, I am on my way to the east coast to check out a 53MY we put an offer on in late January. Sea trial on Thursday. Preliminary info from surveyor is positive. Present owner is correcting any minor deficiencies along the way.

All looks good, so far.

This is our second Hatteras. Why is my tummy fluttering =D?
    because you know whats ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by tIM pOWELL View Post
    because you know whats ahead!
    Have wanted one of these awesome yachts since I was a young pup. Had a 43DC for 13 years, but these girls are a whole bunch more boat.

Mostly looking forward to the adventure.

If the boat is in good shape, you will be happy. If you are coming from a 43DC, most of the systems will be familiar to you. Good luck and have fun.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Well, it is too late now. It is ours. Survey went well. Mechanically good, no blisters, no moisture. All major systems work.

Needs cleaning and waxing, varnish here and there, new carpet, fabrics and upgrades to electronics.

Now to get the ice to melt so we can start moving her to the Motor City.

Needs cleaning and waxing, varnish here and there, new carpet, fabrics and upgrades to electronics.
    You forgot the "but not limited to" part. Just kidding. Today is a time to celebrate. Enjoy your purchase.
    Eric

Congratulations and best of luck! How about some pictures? Where is she now? Are you planning on spending time on her in her current location or are you looking to get her home ASAP? With all the ice on the lakes this winter, it may be a while before safe transit is possible.
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
    Congratulations and best of luck! How about some pictures? Where is she now? Are you planning on spending time on her in her current location or are you looking to get her home ASAP? With all the ice on the lakes this winter, it may be a while before safe transit is possible.
    I posted 2 pics on my profile in an album with her in the sling. Will post more soon. May do a blog of the trip from Annapolis to Detroit. Nuthin' happening until the ice melts.

Going out next weekend with the Admiral to make a punchlist of stuff to do.

I posted 2 pics on my profile in an album with her in the sling. Will post more soon. May do a blog of the trip from Annapolis to Detroit. Nuthin' happening until the ice melts.

Going out next weekend with the Admiral to make a punchlist of stuff to do.
    That is a great looking 53!! Congratulations! And take your time on the way home so you can enjoy the trip.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

The Admiral and I spent 4 days on the new boat. Lots of cleaning.

Heat pumps seemed pretty weak the first night. Kind of strange as all 4 are only a couple of years old. Upon investigation the next morning, sea cock for raw water was closed. With a 90 degree turn, all the heat we wanted was available. V berth still seems cold. Need to investigate fan operation on next visit.

Generator good, port engine good.

Starboard engine snorted, but then nuthin'. It ran fine the previous weekend. Think that fuel prime was lost. Didn't have any tools or pump to try to reprime, so farmed it out. Stay tuned. Just need to know what caused loss of prime.