Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Re: '63 34 project progress

Tim,The boat is docked at Danversport marina in Danvers MA. You are welcome to take a look at it anytime. I think I’ve seen your boat up in Amesbury while working up there. Is yours in the water?

It was, last summer .. this winter/summer life/business got in the way .. now it's in my shop in Newton Nh getting a resto mod ... LOve to come see your's .. let me know when you;re around

Without the top, these classics could pass as brand new modern day boats!
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

(Krush, great to see you around!)

Point is well taken; these are great hulls and systems—smart move if you are up for the renovation.

Krush, would love to see you updat and modernize yours—you have a pretty deep background on these...’glass that flybridge and show us how it’s done!

DAN

the "problem" with these restomods of the smaller boats .. is ... what the market will bear ..... I figure I'll be into mine for 40-50k and it will be a really nice boat... as a gasser... diesels add's 50-100 plus ... and the market at the number becomes very very narrow... (100- `150)... To many options at that price point .. so likely mine will stay a gasser
    -

You don't do it for the resale, you do it because you get a sweet boat that new would be 600-1mil that is built more sturdy. Look what a new Back Cove costs.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

I did some warranty work on a black cove. Nice looking Nd laid out well. It had an oil leak (no big deal) from a fitting and a bad elci I put breaker. The inverter system was crap and problematic but after resetting a few times seems to work.

It was nice to work on a new boat for once. I was almost clean when I finished
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    You don't do it for the resale, you do it because you get a sweet boat that new would be 600-1mil that is built more sturdy. Look what a new Back Cove costs.
    I think a closer comparison would be a new 35 Bert ...

I get your point .. but at the end of the day .. they all get sold .. by an owner . .or an estate ...

Figured I would give an update... had a great season even though boat didn't get in till Aug. 14. Managed to buy about a 160 hours on her. Great boat, no issues and handled some rough stuff very well.
    Attached Images