Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Re: '63 34 project progress

Hello all!
    Its been a very busy summer, between becoming a partner at my company, getting married.... Unfortunately I had to pull the plug on hitting the water this season (although I did keep my $3000 slip, son of a $#/*&@). Oh well, atleast I was able to put the center console on it. Anyways, the 34 is getting there, I decided to redo the bottom ( full stripping and barrier coat, etc...), also re doing all non skid, redoing salon rear wall and the list goes on. It is going in this coming spring for sure.
    Attached Images

2. Re: '63 34 project progress

"I know my work hardly compares to some of the projects on here but I figured I would share anyways."

Nonsense.....of course it does!

I worked on my former 1972 48 Hatteras YF winters for five years and never did
    the great work you have pictured. Bringing back these classic babies is a joy unto itself.
    You should be rightly proud!!
    BRAVO!!

I spent hours over multiple days just rubbing off black hand [or maybe engine room gunk] from teak stair handrails and some salon trim taking the finish to bare teak before recoating with teak oil. Not flashy by any standards, but every time I passed that new finish I felt good!
    Rob Brueckner
    former 1972 48ft YF, 'Lazy Days'
    Boating isn't a matter of life and death: it's more important than that.

Been a while.... Here are some more progress pics.
    Attached Images

And a few more...
    Attached Images

Awesome! Keep it up, please. A lot of folks on the forum have a soft spot for the 34C.

DAN

Just a couple pictures of the paint, I used system three LPU two part water borne paint, sprayed through a gravity feed non-HVLP gun. I went with the clear coat over the color coat. I am currently wet sanding and buffing.
    Attached Images

Your paint finish looks fantastic! Last fall I painted the deck of my 1966 41TC with Interlux. (I also partially painted my slip neighbor's boat, yikes!) It was exhausting, but very satisfying. Keep up the excellent work.

JakeC
    1966 41TC

Oh yeah she is looking Good.....

It so funny to see the pictures brings back so many memories Bridge off, transom door, head sink etc

I am busy doing my side windows and top half paint also helps keep us out of trouble
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Your work is so inspiring! Thank you for sharing. Takes the edge of this blasted winter.

Cheryl
    Cinderella
    1971 53 MY

Beer, wet sanding and buffing....
    Attached Images