Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Re: 58 Hatteras Yacht Fish for $25,000?

There is no reason to go over a true professionals work. Find better craftsman familiar with working on boats.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    There is no reason to go over a true professionals work. Find better craftsman familiar with working on boats.
    Remember professional only means they get paid for what they do, it doesn't mean they're good at it. Unfortunately there are a lot of hacks out there. It's not easy to find good marine professionals but they are out there. It's taken me a while but I've got a few that I trust and respect. Never question thier work or bill.
    Jack Sardina

I just love these re-run threads. Hey Pizza Daddy can I get a T&M breakdown on that price down to how many man hours per function and individual screw count???
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    I just love these re-run threads. Hey Pizza Daddy can I get a T&M breakdown on that price down to how many man hours per function and individual screw count???
    The original ask was $600k. Sold below $250 but worth every bit of time the $600k. Just ask pizza daddy
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Hey, OK...I might have a few obsessive compulsive tendencies! Yes, Of course I had complete inventory of everything! The whole project took 86 screws!!!

Geez...lighten up! I just love boats. I'm not handy like some of you. However, I try to hire people I already know do a GREAT JOB for a "fair" price.

Old PIZZAZs Fabulous New Galley started out as a new generator replacement... The galley didn't NEED to be done. I become my own worst enemy with the simple words WHILE YOU'RE AT IT!!! Somehow in the process I became the boat yard owner's BESTEST BUDDY IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!!!

By the way, she closed at $250. I had $500 in...and 3 wonderful years with her. The new owners are super nice people, and I was the glad to see them get the nicest 58 still in existence.

You guys are right...old subject. New PIZZAZ is almost up to where she should be.

Old PIZZAZ was and is pristine. The new owners changed the seating up on the flybridge, which involved removing the aft deck AC air handler from the roof, (fixing the new hole), and moving it to a custom cabinet under the flybridge ladder. That modification wasn't cheap. They also added a modern electronics package.

Please forgive me for not posting the photos AP1030765.jpgP1030759.jpgngela.

Quote Originally Posted by pizzazsdaddy View Post
    Please forgive me for not posting the photos AAttachment 14393Attachment 14394ngela.
    You paid how much for that and they didn't even countersink and plug the screw heads??? Seriously!!
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
    Remember professional only means they get paid for what they do, it doesn't mean they're good at it. Unfortunately there are a lot of hacks out there. It's not easy to find good marine professionals but they are out there. It's taken me a while but I've got a few that I trust and respect. Never question thier work or bill.
    If you're lucky, you finally meet real professionals- people who are not only experienced and skillful, but who are absolutely honest and won't do more than your boat requires to get the job done right. I am very lucky- the yard that hauls Blue Note has finally agreed to paint the bottom after four or five years, since they now feel it needs it. I am similarly fortunate in the man that looks after my cars- I just ask him what they need, he does it, I pay the bill. I've never had a question about any of it.

Professionals in car and yacht repair and maintenance are what makes these hobbies enjoyable for me. I trust them and I trust their work. I don't mind having jobs on "time and materials" with them. I know the time billed will be accurate and fair, and all the materials will end up on my boat. Or my car.

My vintage car man, who also races, happened to want a paint job for his race car at around the same time as I was painting the Hatteras. Since it was a race car, he didn't want to spray it; it would get all chipped up on the track anyway. So I bought some black AwlGrip and drove up there and we sanded the car and rolled and tipped it. I paid for the materials. Over the years, he's saved me a fortune, finished projects I never thought would get done, and contributed more than I can measure to my enjoyment of my cars. What goes around comes around.

Pizzaz,
    Nice looking galley. I like the Sams Marine magnet on the fridge! I'm not that familiar with the galley on the 58YF but other than the dishwasher and cooktop upgrade, what was changed? Why did you need to redo the electric?
    Jack Sardina