Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1980 53 MY Cummins Repower

Anyone looking for a 53 MY this one looks pretty nice. I've never seen the boat, and I don't know its history but it looks clean and with the Cummins repower it's one I would investigate. If I was looking for a MY it would be on my short list of boats to look into. If anyone else mentioned this listing before, sorry for the repost in advance.

http://services.boatwizard.com/core/...yachts&lang=en

Re: 1980 53 MY Cummins Repower

That link asks for a username and password
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

It does. Tony, can you post a link that goes directly to the boat itself??

This boat has been posted and linked here before.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    That link asks for a username and password
    Sorry about that. Here is the link again. Like I said before looks nice and if I was looking for another boat right now this would be on my list of boats to check out. Plus the location would work for me as well because my hope one day is to have a boat like this on Lake Erie, while keeping my 45C for fishing in FL. Only one slight problem, I just have to figure out this money thing. With two young kids involved in every sport and activity known the money comes in one door and out the other before I have time to count it. I guess I could always trade the kids in on it. Solve two problems that way. I'll lease them to the seller until they're through with school and have a job, then he can turn them back in.
    http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1980.../United-States

Two things that I notice.

1) They stayed with horsepower ratings comparable to OEM and ended up with a 15kt cruise just like with the old 8v71ti's.

2) The interior is not messed up with paint, wallpaper, or mirrors. She looks nice.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Two things that I notice.

1) They stayed with horsepower ratings comparable to OEM and ended up with a 15kt cruise just like with the old 8v71ti's.

2) The interior is not messed up with paint, wallpaper, or mirrors. She looks nice.
    I would think she would be a bit faster given the 3500 lbs they lost with the repower.
    Jack Sardina

It would be interesting to know what rpm the 15kt cruise is at. The cummins 6CTA will rev to 2600 at WOT. Max torque is at 2000 rpm on those motors.

I wonder what type of WOT speed they achieve.

I would be interested to know what the fuel burn is with those engines compared to the equivalent hp 8v71s. Probably less, but I wonder how much less?

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    I would be interested to know what the fuel burn is with those engines compared to the equivalent hp 8v71s. Probably less, but I wonder how much less?
    Most of the time a pair those cummins burn about 32-34 gallons an hour at cruise. The 53 weighs a bit more than what they are usually put in but I would guesstimate fairly close.