Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

58 Hatteras Yacht Fish for $25,000?

OK bargain hunters. I noticed a post on Craigslist for a 58 Yacht Fish in either Mississippi or Alabama for $25,000. The ad says she sank in her slip. Now Afloat... but that's it. It does have the newer style fly bridge (1978-1981 models). If someone is looking to do a resurrection, the price seems like a good starting point for a newer model 58 Hatteras shell.

Re: 58 Hatteras Yacht Fish for $25,000?

Quote Originally Posted by pizzazsdaddy View Post
    OK bargain hunters. I noticed a post on Craigslist for a 58 Yacht Fish in either Mississippi or Alabama for $25,000. The ad says she sank in her slip. Now Afloat... but that's it. It does have the newer style fly bridge (1978-1981 models). If someone is looking to do a resurrection, the price seems like a good starting point for a newer model 58 Hatteras shell.
    It all depends on how much got wet but I doubt it's worth anything. Might be worth it for parts but not for restoring. I wouldn't want it for free.
    Jack Sardina

3. Re: 58 Hatteras Yacht Fish for $25,000?

The problem with a sinker is that they often have negative value.
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

do you have a number, or link for it? i cant find it in miss or ala.

Call Yachtsman Willie and have him go and survey it. He resurrected one of these boats and brought it back from the dead.

Looks like it is in Texas.
    http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/boa/4234290140.html
    Randy

Boat $25,000
    Transportation and storage $ 15,000
    New power and gennys $ 150,000
    New interior and furnishings $75,000
    Rewire with new power distribution $35,000
    Current navigational electronics $ 30,000
    Bridge upgrades and other modifications $15,000
    Running gear
    Paint, windows and other cosmetics $50,000

Value when finished $250,000.

Even blobama would have trouble getting this one past anyone that graduated 3rd grade.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Essentially no one could afford this boat if they gave you the $25,000 along WITH the boat.

It needs a Yachtsman Willie; someone who knows how to fix it all, and has time to do it themselves. People like that are not exactly thick on the ground. Good luck to whoever takes this on.

In the craigs posting the seller refered to the "mess area", it's likely a fitting word.

I wonder why how the insurance settlement went?

JM
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

This 58YF has been for sale for a very long time. Located at Clear Lake Marine Center where it is accumulating a mechanics lien and storage bill. It has sank twice, first was during a tropical storm, Basically held down by its mooring lines in non-floating slip. After the insurance settlement second owners had boat towed to it's current location where it sits without any power, it filled with rainwater and sank a second time. Engines had been rebuilt prior to first drowning however they were never preserved. Interior and radios have been removed. So all you get is a hull and some fixtures and a growing storage bill..IMHO